Thread: Zone Alarm Free 7.0.408 - Exception Processing Message

garynash Guest

Default Zone Alarm Free 7.0.408 - Exception Processing Message

Since upgrading to 7.0.408 (by downloading 'zlsSetup_70_408_000_en' and running from my saved location)
    - I get a pop up error box following the reboot:<blockquote>Title Bar reads &quot;Windows - No Disk&quot;Message reads &quot;Exception Processing Message C0000013&quot; then list three set of parametersOptions are cancel, try again, continue.</blockquote>
    Hit 'continue' a couple of times (receiving same message), and then Zone Alarm finishes its start-up.Rebooted the PC, same errorTried Windows restore - unable to complete the restore to two earlier checkpointsTried re-running the 70408 setup program (upgrade option), but got same error.
    I'm running Win XP Home Edition Version 2002 (5.1.2600), Service Pack 2(Build 2600)
    After 'continuing' past the error message, PC seems to run OK (logged onto this forum OK).
    Please advise how I can prevent this pop-up appearing during ZoneAlarm startup.
    Thanks,

Gary

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:5.x
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Zone Alarm Free 7.0.408 - Exception Processing Message

Hi!may be a conflict with your current security tools since ZA7free comes embedded with ZASS 7.Try to completely remove ZA following closely the below mentioned instructions and reinstall:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=103Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

garynash Guest

Dear Fax,
    Thanks for the speedy reply and details for de-installing.I followed the instructions and then reinstalled ZA7 and startup is now completing without the pop-up error box.
    Much appreciated,
    Gary

Great! Thank you for reporting back.Cheers,Fax

garynash Guest

Dear FAX,
    Looks like I spoke too soon.
    Although I rebooted seveal times yesterday and saw no pop-ups, I find that if the PC is powered down for a few hours, then restarted, the same Exception Processing Message appears.If I then perform a restart of the PC, it comes back up without the ZoneAlarm error.
    You mentioned tha ZASS7 was embedded in this release, but during the install I was prompted as to whether I wanted to trial the security suite and I declined, I just proceeded with the install of Zone Alarm.
    Could it be possible that the install has enabled a function that is conflicting (intermittantly) with my anti-virus software?Do you have any further suggestions for identifying why this occurs and how to stop it?

Thanks,
    Gary

Hi!nope, it will install non fuctional elements (e.g. right click scan for viruses) that may conflict with existing application...So, go back to the version that was working for you. For example, ZA 6.X is free of ZASS.Cheers,Fax

Thread Information