Thread: Internet Explorer version 7.0.5112.0 is not working after upgrading Zone Alarm version 7.0.408.000

Hybrid View

planetchemistry Guest

Default Internet Explorer version 7.0.5112.0 is not working after upgrading Zone Alarm version 7.0.408.000

I was running Zone alarm version 6.5.337.000 and upgraded to Zone alarm version 7.0.337.000. After the upgrade Internet Explorer (version 7.0.5112.0 was installed) started misbehaving. When ever i tried to open Internet explorer it displays Error reporting and as soon as error reporting finishes browser closes down. I have recently upgraded Zone alarm 7.0.408.000 but problem still persists. When i start Internet Explorer with all add-ons disabled then browser window appears but it does not do any thing useful. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thank you very much,

Zahid Sheikh

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Internet Explorer version 7.0.5112.0 is not working after upgrading Zone Alarm version 7.0.408.

go into the za program list and delete IE from the list. Start ZA and see what happens.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

planetchemistry Guest

Default Re: Internet Explorer version 7.0.5112.0 is not working after upgrading Zone Alarm version 7.0.408.

Thank you for your suggestion. I did exactly what you suggested but it didn't work. I even turned off ZA and tried to open up IE but it didn't yield any good. It is still behaving the same way.

Please help.

Zahid Sheikh

If you turn of ZA does it still cause problems? Was IE upgraded after ZA was installed?

planetchemistry Guest

Dear IE behaved the same even when i turned off ZA. I didn't update IE after i upgraded to ZA.

Thank you,

Zahid Sheikh

Go to the add/remove control panel and remove IE7 (it rolls you back to IE6) and then do a windows update and reinstall the IE 7 update.

Thread Information