Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wireless problem 192.168.0.0 and I keep getting disconnected

cbs Guest

Default Wireless problem 192.168.0.0 and I keep getting disconnected

First let me say, I've use the free version for years, and loved it. Ever since I bought Pro, I've had nothing but problems. It's slowing my computer down, my computer isn't being recognized, and now I keep losing my connection.
    Here's my setup.
    1 laptop (WINXP ME with the Pro version and with which I connect wirelessly
    1 desktop (WINXP ME) with ZA free with which I connect to a router
    netgear router wgt624 v.2
    westell 6100 dsl modem

My problem is that in Firewall/Zones all I see is New Network 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 (which is in the trusted zone) but there's nothing else there. No loopback adapter, no network adapter showing my computer's ip address...nothing. (this is with the pro version on the wireless laptop). On the free version, I always saw this configuration and don't understand why I don't see it now. Is my laptop being protected? I can get an internet connection, but recently it has been cutting out on me. This only started after I installed ZA pro as well. Before I has the free version and everything was working great. No problems at all. Now, it will cut out, and I cannot get reconnected unless I reboot. I was thinking it was a problem with my router/modem configuration because I had it setup with PPOE rather than by default, but after messing with different types of configurations, I've come to the conclusion that it will always stay as 192.168.0.0. Can anyone tell me why this is? Also, can someone tell me how my router should be set up to fix this problem...if by chance I've made an error. I had to configure my modem differently due to the slingbox, which turned out to be a minor pain to set up. I don't want to lose connectivity to that, but I also don't want to have to reboot every time the web cuts out on me.
    Let me apologize in advance, I'm sorry if I am not being specific enough, it is 4am and I've been at this awhile. If there is something I should have mentioned that I may be forgetting, please ask and I will comply asap. Thank you all for your time, I really appreciate it. Oh by the, before anyone gets mad at me for not searching. I did search the forum for anything related to 192.168.0.0, but a lot of it wasn't relevant to my problem. So I think. But, I came across a couple that looked as if the person was saying that 192.168.0.0 was supposed to be like that. I'm still unsure so any help is greatly appreciated.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

EDIT: I wanted to add that the reason I thought it was my router/modem is because, every time I go to my friend's house, their network pops up as normal in ZA Pro. I get a ip address like normal, and everything acts normal like it did when I had the free version on this computer. Thanks again.

Message Edited by cbs on 09-24-2007 12:49 AM

Default Re: Wireless problem 192.168.0.0 and I keep getting disconnected

Hi!yes, you should see the "loopback adaptor" in your firewall tab set to trusted. If you don't see it your installation didn't go well.The 192.168.... entry is normal (set it to trusted)Please try to completely remove ZAPRO and reinstall. See below a complete procedure to start clean with ZAPRO.1. To clean uninstall you need to follow this procedure (keep note of your license): http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html(please note the /clean and /rmlicense switch that you need to use as well as the folders you need to delete reported at the end of the above document)2. Then, to wipe OFF any left overs followthis step (if you input wrongly the files/folder names it will not find anything):Go to Start > Search > Files and Folders. Make sure the location box is set to search your Local Hard Drive (usually C:\ ) or All Local Drives. Also make sure the Advanced Search Options are set to search subfolders and hidden files. Now copy the entire line below, paste it into the search box and click Search Now.Zonelabs; "zone labs"; "Internet logs"; vsconfig.xml; vsdata.dll; vsdata95.vxd; vsdatant.sys; vsmon.*; vsmonapi.dll; vsnetutils.dll;vspubapi.dll; zaplus.*; zapro.*; zllictbl.dat; zlparser.dll; zonealarm.exe; zoneband.dll; vsutil.dll; zlclient.*A list of files and folders belonging to ZoneAlarm will appear in the Search Results panel.Now proceed by deleting all ZoneLabs files and folders that were found.Empty the Recycle Bin.3. Run a registry/system cleaner. ccleaner is quite good utility (http://www.ccleaner.com/download/downloadpage.aspx?f=3) 4. Re-download the installerfrom here (and do NOT use any download managers):http://www.zonealarm.com/zapdownload/6. Install with default settings, do not alter them....Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

cbs Guest

Thank you for replying, I will try out your suggestion later tonight, when I get home. Don't you find it weird though, that when I go to my friend's house, ZA Pro acts normal, but when I am home, I don't get the loopback adapter?

yes, it is not normal... loopback adaptor should be there at install.. its a default rule added on any ZA setup.This is why I guess your install is not correct...Cheers,Fax

cbs Guest

No no, I understand what you are saying, and I'm going to do what you are telling me to...all I am saying is that it is weird that it is normal when I am connected to another wireless network. Which makes me think something is odd about my network in my house.

Ok.. yes.. now I understand.Have you tried to add it manually?Add IP --> 127.0.0.0 and you call this rule "Loopback adaptor" to be set as "TRUSTED"Cheers,Fax

cbs Guest

Okay, I can do that, but how do I know it is working? I mean, I can add any ip or subnet I want, but nothing changes. It's just there on the list. But when I go to another wireless network, it automatically is added there. When I first installed ZA Pro, it found my network right after install, but it showed up as 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0. Nothing else was ever an option. The only thing I could think of was that maybe it is because I am using a wireless connection, therefore, maybe there is no need for a loopback adapter, but when I go to another network, I get it. Can I ask, are you using PPOE? Or maybe you can tell me the difference in using that vice a bridge network.

Hi!
    loopback adaptor should not appear according to where you connect, it should be always there...So, I guess the complete removal and reinstall is the best option.Cheers,Fax

cbs Guest

okay, thank you, I'll try it tonight and post the results here afterwards. In your original post, did you show what registry keys were to be deleted?

Hi!if you uninstall as suggested you should not need to remove any registry key manually...The manual remove of files is just an extra measure, if you want you can skip it.Cheers,Fax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information