Hi there,

I've been running ZA 70_337 without problem since it was released but, like many others, I had significant problems when I tried to upgrade to 70_408.

The installer froze after clicking 'install' and refused to go further. Then the original installation was corrupted, complained that uninstall information could not be found and was unable to remove program and I had to go into Safe Mode to delete it and reinstall.

I subsequently managed to uninstall 70_337 and install 70_408 successfully but at the cost of ruining my Kaspersky Antivirus 6.

KAV now reports both Mail and Web Safe are unable to start or only partially running. When I try to reinstall KAV, the install fails with the following message:

Error 1304: Error writing to file c:\\windows\system32\drivers\kl1.sys verify that you have access to that folder.

On searching the Kaspersky online troubleshooter it appears that there is an incompatibility between KAV Internet Security 7/ KAV Antivirus 7 and the latest versions of ZoneAlarm 7.xxx. This is due to be fixed by adding automatic detection of ZA version 7 into the Maintenance Pack 1 of KAV products version 7.

This doesn't help me because I'm running KAV 6. But the recommended solution is to uninstall ZA7, reboot, run reinstallation of KAV 7. It doesn't explain why my installation of KAV 6 has been ruined.

Has anyone any suggestions before I go through the uninstall/reinstall procedure yet again?

Thanks,

Armorel

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)