Thread: After updating to ZA 7.0.408.000 no connection beween my computers, internet connection OK

robertb Guest

Default After updating to ZA 7.0.408.000 no connection beween my computers, internet connection OK

I put this question in General Questions but got no response, I hope to get some reaction here.... My problem is as follows:I've 3 computers with Windows XP home edition
    on
    a small network, with a Wireless Access Point and a separate modem. It worked
    OK till I upgraded ZA Free
    last week to version 7.0.408.000. After that I could not make a connection beween my computers any more, but each computer was still able to access the internet. When I try to make a connection between
    my own computers I get a message like this (roughly translated): " An error occurred with the renewal of the connection to (e.g.) U:\\P2300\d . Microsoft Windows Network: Insufficient
    storage space
    on the server availlable to execute this instruction. The connection is not established." Ans sometimes I get a message like "Path not found".Of couse I have an IP-range for my computer.After I put up this question on the forum I tried to reinstall all ZA programs - same result as before. Then I tried the hard way as indicated somewhere in the forum (I can't find it at the moment, but is is something like: a quicker way to deinstall ZA) with cleaning the register en many reboots, on all the computers. Result: the same as before!I'm getting desperate - can't somebody give me an idea where to look?
    Thanks, Rob

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

robertb Guest

Default Re: After updating to ZA 7.0.408.000 no connection beween my computers, internet connection OK

I received an e-mail that a certain "godown" had replied to my message. But when I followed the link, all I could see was
    "The message you are trying to access has been deleted. Please update your bookmarks". Frankly, I've no idea what is ment by updating my bookmarks... and godown, will you please post you message again?Thanks!

pwillener Guest

Default Re: After updating to ZA 7.0.408.000 no connection beween my computers, internet connection OK

Did you do a "clean" upgrade, or an "upgrade" upgrade? The "clean" upgrade will wipe all your ZA configurations, whereas the "upgrade" upgrade will preserve them.

If you did a "clean" upgrade, then you will have to configure your network settings again.

robertb Guest

I tried the "hard" way removing ZA as mentioned somewhere in the forum, including deleting files and running Zabegone.reg with numerous reboots and installed ZA again, but no dice.
    Of course I inserted a safe range for my own computers, as usual.
    In the end (as I should have done the first time) I deinstalled ZA again the hard way, and tried whether the communication worked then. Indeed - now I can access my other computers again. But how can I install ZA in a working fashion?Thanks for your reaction.Rob

robertb Guest

Hello Slyfox!I got a message in my mailbox that you had posted a reply. But when I logged in, I just got a message that your message was deleted. A short time ago this happened with another reply... I hope you will post your
    reply again. Thanks!Rob

Thread Information