Thread: New user of ZA, 1st time post -- question re: Outlook

yaya Guest

Default New user of ZA, 1st time post -- question re: Outlook

Hello, I FINALLY installed ZA Free v. 7.0.408 for the first time yesterday. So far, so good!! However, I have been searching on these boards and I'm still a little confused about something. I read several posts re: junk mail filters conflicting with Outlook 2003, but it seems this was fixed/ disabled in the new version of ZA Free. Is that correct? I'm not sure if this is a separate issue, but can someone tell me the advantages or disadvantages to enabling Mailsafe with this version of ZA. Will it do anything? Also, I have the following installed:

Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 10.1.5 (firewall disabled)
    Spyware Blaster v. 3.5.1
    Ad-Aware 7.0.2.1 (manual scans only)

Please tell me if there are any compatibility issues or tips to use these programs together, or point to posts that discuss this. I really appreciate any help I can get with this!!!

Hope to hear from someone...

ya-ya

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: New user of ZA, 1st time post -- question re: Outlook

Yes the ZA free installing the junk email filter has been fixed.

As for the Zone Alarm Mail Safe, if you are using the email client or email scanner from the antivirus, then disable the Mail Safe in the Zone Alarm.
    The ZA mail safe does stop files by extensions, whereas the Symantec has that and script and html checking and maybe even some phishing filters (so it is much better for email security). I would let the AV do the email checking (the ZA mail safe is a throw back from days of old).

Using two email checkers at the same time will just lead to networking conflicts and Operating System problems. So I would just the Symantec scanning and have the ZA mail safe disabled.

The SpywareBlaster and the on demand Ad-Aware SE are okay with both the Symantec and the Zone Alarm.

Cheers, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

yaya Guest

Thank you so much for your very clear response, Oldsod! I only wish I had posted this before I spent hours and hours searching for the information!!!

Regards,
    Ya-Ya

You are welcome yaya.
    Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 09-25-2007 09:05 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Mailfrontier is still installed with ZA free, but not activated in Office Outlook.
    If you want it, then in Outlook, Tools/options/Other tab, Advanced/COM Addins, you will find it there; check the box next to it, OK/Apply out, close Outlook, reopen Ouutlook.

Thread Information