Thread: Install Error: Cannot access this file: C:WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\\ZoneAlarm.xml

Hybrid View

brobobeo Guest

Default Install Error: Cannot access this file: C:WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\\ZoneAlarm.xml

Hi, I have been using Free Zone Alarm for several years now. I recently got the e-mail notice that a new version was available and downloaded 70_408_en.exe. I installed the new software on my XP-Pro box and everything seems to be working fine, except that I get this annoying message once/startup of my system;
    Cannot access this file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\\ZoneAlarm.xml

OK

The message seems bogus to me because of the dual backslashes in the message. Aside from that, I can find no ZoneAlarm.xml anywhere in the files following the path in the message, but with a single "\" following ZoneLabs. Perhaps the message should read "Missing file" instead of "Cannot access this file:"?

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone see a problem that the file might be missing? Everything seems to be working OK. Other XML files in the installation seem to be setting parameters. Perhaps this file is not used in the FREE version?

Anyone know how to get rid of this message short of upgrading?

I downloaded using Firefox and FlashGot

Brobobeo

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Install Error: Cannot access this file: C:WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\\ZoneAlarm.xml

Try a download with the IE and no flashgot or donwload managers or accelerators. These will almost always corrupt the ZA installer.

Uninstall the present ZA and reinstall the ZA using the installer obtained from here.

See if this works better.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information