Thread: ZA 7 and a/v & malware scanners hogging memory

jbirdie Guest

Default ZA 7 and a/v & malware scanners hogging memory

that pretty much says it. i installed this on an old laptop i have. the a/v and a/s tasks take up a lot of memory. now the laptop is configured w/a 64mb and a 256mb dimm, and it occasionally slows down then speeds back up - even without ZA7 on it, so are the resident a/v and a/s proggies really ok and aint gonna eat up all my memory in my desktop with 1gb mem. tkz for any advice, aloha

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: ZA 7 and a/v & malware scanners hogging memory

<blockquote><hr>jbirdie wrote:
    that pretty much says it. i installed this on an old laptop i have. the a/v and a/s tasks take up a lot of memory. now the laptop is configured w/a 64mb and a 256mb dimm, and it occasionally slows down then speeds back up - even without ZA7 on it, so are the resident a/v and a/s proggies really ok and aint gonna eat up all my memory in my desktop with 1gb mem. tkz for any advice, aloha

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

<hr></blockquote>Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

&quot;
    i installed this on an old laptop i have,now the laptop is configured w/a 64mb and a 256mb dimm&quot;

That's the major problem right there... Your Laptop maybe too old and with minimal Memory to run ZA 7.0

nearly all Desktops and Laptop now have a minimal 512MB of Ram and most have 1 GB or more of memory Ram

You can make ZAFree or ZApro run on your Old Laptoop, but as you say, it will be a resource hog on that Old Computer..

You may be better off, installing an Older version of Zone Alarm 6.5

I would suggest ZAFree 6.5 and the Free Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware AVG 7.5 on that Old laptop

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html

http://free.grisoft.com/

Thread Information