Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing ZoneAlarm in Virtual PC 2007 (problem solved)

Default Re: Installing ZoneAlarm in Virtual PC 2007 (problem solved)

If you see Ice Weasel browser, it's FireFox due to the bizarre nature of some of the Linux licencing.

watcher Guest

Dear Jerusalem:

Got it. Thanks.

WATCHER

watcher Guest

Dear southauspete:

Thank you for posting this. If I ever need to do this, I'll try your method.

WATCHER

watcher Guest

Dear southauspete:

If you have any old, licensed Windows operating system CDs, you could create a virtual machine with it and install IE6 and test websites using it. Do you know anyone that has an old computer they are no longer using. Perhaps they still have the O/S disks that came with the computer and wouldn't mind parting with them for a few bucks.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

southauspete Guest

If you have any old, licensed Windows operating system CDs, you could create a virtual machine with it and install IE6 and test websites using it. Do you know anyone that has an old computer they are no longer using. Perhaps they still have the O/S disks that came with the computer and wouldn't mind parting with them for a few bucks.

Thanks Mate.
    Yep - thats what I intend doing, I actually own all the DOS & Windows versions right from DOS 2.11 (not that I think I will need to go back that far), so no probs sourcing them.

I do support still some people on Win 98 (COmputer Support that is) so that is my target (the users with Win98 are getting less in number all the time now).

On the Web page development side, I can say that;
    even Win 2000 has IE6 onboard, and I had been using that - but the VPC will allow me to check development without having to be tied down to the network and the Win2K machine.

Gee VPC certainly does have some great possibilites!!!

Enjoy!

PeteH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information