After having the free ZoneAlarm for years I finally decided to upgrade and went with the Security Suite.
However since I've done so it seems whenever I start surfing the web (or opening programs in general for tha tmatter, mainly those that access the web) there is a considerable pause.
Once it gets going things seem to be fine.
I've noticed an svchost in Processes that's new that's been taking up a fair chunk of processing power now if not all of it at times but I'm not sure if it's related or not.
Is this normal for this, especially with it on the Learn setting for the first 18 days?
Should it iron out or should I be looking for fixes or perhaps just going with regular ZA Pro or back to the free version?
I upgraded so I could manually input ports to try and further troubleshoot connections when playing Battlefield games online.
I've tried doing an uninstall/reinstall using the /clean method I found somewhere on the Zone Labs site.
I was running AVG for Anti-virus but disabled it (ie, shut it off) for now since it's jus tthe
I also have Aluria Security Center for Spyware but have had it for quite some time with the free ZA version with no problems.
Tried shutting Aluria down just in case and it didn't change anything.
AMD 2.2GHz CPU2GB RAM300+ GB of drive space
Windows XP Pro
ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.408.000
Anti-virus engine version:3
Anti-virus signature DAT file version:20071024215000
Anti-spyware engine version:184.108.40.206
Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200710.2685
Message Edited by Aelwulf on 10-24-2007 11:38 PM