Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am unable to install the latest version of ZoneAlarm (Free) after a clean uninstall from a previous version of ZoneAlarm (Free)

timauluck Guest

Default I am unable to install the latest version of ZoneAlarm (Free) after a clean uninstall from a previous version of ZoneAlarm (Free)

Dear ZoneAlarm Communities,
    I am unable to install the latest version of ZoneAlarm (Free) after a clean uninstall from a previous version of ZoneAlarm (Free). As a temporary security measurement I am currently using the preinstalled firewall in Windows XP Service Pack 2 due to being unable to install the latest version of ZoneAlarm (Free) on to my computer. If anyone has any suggestions
    for
    solving this problem in my current enquiry, please email me via the email address at the top of this message.
    Regards

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

Message Edited by timauluck on 10-06-2007 12:16 PM

Default Re: I am unable to install the latest version of ZoneAlarm (Free)

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>timauluck wrote:
    Dear ZoneAlarm Communities,I am unable to install the latest version of ZoneAlarm (Free) after a clean uninstall from a previous version of ZoneAlarm (Free). As a temporary security measurement I am currently using the preinstalled firewall in Windows XP Service Pack 2 due to being unable to install the latest version of ZoneAlarm (Free) on to my computer. If anyone has any suggestionsforsolving this problem in my current enquiry, please email me via the email address at the top of this message.Regards

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Message Edited by timauluck on 10-06-2007 12:16 PM
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several very knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your ComputerMonitor. --------------------------------------------------------------------from the Information that you provided above, I gather that you have Windows XP Home SP2 on your Computer..?But then your Put this in your Message:Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

So that may be the Solution to you problem.. You can Not Install ZAFree 7.1.078.000 on your WinXP computer because ZA 7.1.078 is excessively for Windows VISTA ONLY

the Current ZAFree for WinXP is 7.0.408.000

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html

---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg

ZoneAlarm Security Suite Vista version:7.1.078.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.078.000
    Driver version:7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:20071004015000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200710.2555
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843

----------------------------------------------

ZoneAlarm Security Suite XP Beta version:7.0.423.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.423.000
    Driver version:7.0.423.000
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.82
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:927314986
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.176.0
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

timauluck Guest

Dear George V,
    I am sorry if I did not provide you with much information to my enquiry, but here are the current configurations for the free ZoneAlarm product in Windows XP
    stated below.
    ZoneAlarm Version: 7.0.408.000TrueVector Security Engine Version: 7.0.408.000Driver Version: 7.0.408.000
    If there is anymore information you require from me contact me via the
    email address at the top of this message.
    Regards

Dear George V,I am sorry if I did not provide you with much information to my enquiry, but here are the current configurations for the free ZoneAlarm product in Windows XPstated below.ZoneAlarm Version: 7.0.408.000TrueVector Security Engine Version: 7.0.408.000Driver Version: 7.0.408.000If there is anymore information you require from me contact me via theemail address at the top of this message.Regards
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ok, Now that I know that you are trying to install ZA for WinXP on a WinXP computer..it looks like you have either a corrupted Install, or a corrupted Database..Please read the following Forum Link.. and Post back here if it does not fix your problem..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=72867
    GeorgeV

timauluck Guest

Dear George V,
    I would like to say thank you for the piece of advice you sent to me earlier on relating to my enquiry and I will try to follow
    the instructions
    in my own free time.
    Regards

Dear George V,I would like to say thank you for the piece of advice you sent to me earlier on relating to my enquiry and I will try to followthe instructionsin my own free time.Regards
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks for your Feedback..Please post back and let us know how you made out, or if you need further help..
    GeorgeV

timauluck Guest

Dear George V,
    I would say thank you for your current email you sent to earlier on it means a lot to me as not many people do on some other user forums as they cannot be even bothered to reply back.
    Many thanks

Your Welcome..In this Forum, all the users try to help each other by exchanging bits of information or presonal experiences with related programs..ZoneAlarm Security Suite XP Beta version:7.0.423.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.423.000
    Driver version:7.0.423.000
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.82
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:927314986
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.176.0
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV

timauluck Guest

Dear GeorgeV,
    I have read and followed the hyperlink you sent to me over three weeks ago, but unfortunately I am still having problems with the version of Zone Alarm
    I have got installed on my computer. Can you please post me some information
    associated with my enquiry? I'm sorry if I have been a bit slow recently, but I have had to do some coursework for college and I have not had anytime to continue investigating my enquiry.
    Thank you

Dear GeorgeV,I have read and followed the hyperlink you sent to me over three weeks ago, but unfortunately I am still having problems with the version of Zone AlarmI have got installed on my computer. Can you please post me some informationassociated with my enquiry? I'm sorry if I have been a bit slow recently, but I have had to do some coursework for college and I have not had anytime to continue investigating my enquiry.Thank you
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank You for your Feedback..I'm Sorry to hear that your still having problems with ZAFree for XP..Here is some Excelent advice from senior Contributor NaiveMelody that should solve your Compatibuility problem..Some recent changes in the new version ZA 7 x Free version for XP/2000 -"only", which we ourselves slowly discovered - There is a ZA Security Suitehidden underneath the ZA 7x Free. Which the 'phantom' non-functioning Kaspersky av in there (may ?conflict with your anti-virus plus other functions)Even in a 'dormant state' Kaspersky drivers and files, are 'intrusive/indomitable' with other anti-virus - [even with another "free standing Kaspersky av" = this is an actual recent post - I just answered {with Fax, too} ] - http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=72292 <HR>Solution - First uninstall/delete ZA 7 x Free and then install the old version 6.5.737 ZA Free of Aug. 31, 2006 - here is the link -http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html. -to the Release History page - go to 6.5 Branch - and find 6.5.737.000 - to download this version, if successful; yoursystem will be working again} - [ later, you may get a ZA program update box - you may not want to automatically update that - this would be an update to the new ZA 7 x Free, again, - not again - tell it to remind you in 60 days- repeat and rinse, wait until further developments]. <HR>
    Here is the Forum Link to the Full Text..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=73193Please Post back and let us know if it workes for you..
    GeorgeV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information