Thread: Problems accessing internet after installing 7.0.408.000

apickeri Guest

Default Problems accessing internet after installing 7.0.408.000

I installed this update today. It seemed to be straightforward but ever since I have installed it I am unable to access microsoft outlook and internet etc without switching the firewall off. I am running Windows XP. I've also received a security alert saying that the firewall has blocked internet access to my computer under a Smart Defense Advisor banner. Am I just better reinstalling the previous version?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Problems accessing internet after installing 7.0.408.000

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

I am very sorry you are having issues with ZA and hopefully I will be able to find a solution for you.

Okay, before you decide to revert back to an earlier version of ZA, PLEASE do the following and see if this will fix your problem, if not PLEASE post back, THANKS.

PLEASE try the following, if you are interested, but remember you will LOSE your CUSTOMIZATIONS. This will bring the firewall back to the original settings.

I think is your Zone Alarm database has gotten corrupt and does not remember your Zones settings

Reset your database and see if that will fix it. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode.
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4. Reboot into the normal mode.

How Do I Boot Into Safe Mode?

http://www.laplink.com/support/kb/article.asp?ID=102

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. apickeri Guest

Default Re: Problems accessing internet after installing 7.0.408.000

Thanks for your reply.I haven't tried this yet as reinstalling the download seems to have worked though I would like to give it a bit longer before being completely sure as I did get some interruption in my Outlook e-mail download again tonight when I first logged on.

Thread Information