Thread: Inadvertant upgrade to ZAP from ZA(free) with latest update?

pt Guest

Default Inadvertant upgrade to ZAP from ZA(free) with latest update?

I was running ZA free 7.0.302, was informed of the latest update, so did the upgrade to 7.0.408 last Fri. Everything seemed to be working, then when I rebooted today, ZAP popped up asking for new stuff, with no license # showing, subscription expired warning, etc, though my original registration from
    8 months ago is
    correctly displayed.
    What gives? Did I hit the wrong key somewhere when I wasn't paying attention? Is this some trick to get me to upgrade to ZAP? Am running xp home sp2.
    Thanks for any help.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

pt Guest

Default Re: Inadvertant upgrade to ZAP from ZA(free) with latest update?

forgot to note, the version info displayed now says: ZAP 7.0.302, so it appears to me that instead of doing the 7.0.408 update, somehow it upgraded me to ZAP, but the old versions. I'm confused.

I think you must have downloaded the wrong file.
    Try downloading from:
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html
    the download
    link in the 7.0.408 line. Save to a convenient folder.
    I would do a clean uninstall first: in start/programs/ ZoneAlarm, right click on the uninstall icon, click properties, and add {space}/clean at the end of the Target line, so it reads
    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean
    In Zone Alarm, Overview/preferences, uncheck
    Load ZoneAlarm on startup. Right click on the ZA icon in systray, click shut down ZA.Restart your PC. Uninstall ZoneAlarm using the uninstall icon in Start/Programs/ZoneAlarm (not add/remove).Restart your PC.
    Then install the ZA free file you downloaded. Note that as with previous 7.0.xxx versions quite a bit of the ZA ISS gets installed, even if you decline the offer to upgrade during the install.

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>pt wrote:
    forgot to note, the version info displayed now says: ZAP 7.0.302, so it appears to me that instead of doing the 7.0.408 update, somehow it upgraded me to ZAP, but the old versions. I'm confused.
    <hr></blockquote>Welcome to the ZA user Forum..
    It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,
    without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

What are you trying to Do? Upgrade ZAFree or Upgrade to ZAPro?

Select your product from the list below:<ul>[*]ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite[*]ZoneAlarm Pro[*]ZoneAlarm Antivirus[*]ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware[*]ZoneAlarm[/list]

Thread Information