Thread: Uninstall problem

gumptard Guest

Default Uninstall problem

I'm having some problems uninstall ZA (free). I'm on version 7.0.408.000. Whenever I try to uninstall I get a message saying that: "ENTRY POINT NOT FOUND The procedure entry point CM_Get_DevNode_Status could not be located in the dynamic link library SETUPAPI.dll". I get this message a few times (after clicking OK) then "ERROR Could not load the DLL library C:\WINDOWS\system32\vsutil.dll. The specified procedure could not be found.". The blue bar at the top usually mentioned something about a file called GLBC.tmp (or something similar GL1A.tmp etc).

I've tried uninstalling using the uninstall in the ZoneAlarm group and Add/Remove. I have also tried upgrading and doing a clean install to see if this fixes the problem but it's always the same error message. Can anyone help because this is doing my head in...

Cheers.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: Uninstall problem

<blockquote><hr>gumptard wrote:
    I'm having some problems uninstall ZA (free). I'm on version 7.0.408.000. Whenever I try to uninstall I get a message saying that: &quot;ENTRY POINT NOT FOUND The procedure entry point CM_Get_DevNode_Status could not be located in the dynamic link library SETUPAPI.dll&quot;. I get this message a few times (after clicking OK) then &quot;ERROR Could not load the DLL library C:\WINDOWS\system32\vsutil.dll. The specified procedure could not be found.&quot;. The blue bar at the top usually mentioned something about a file called GLBC.tmp (or something similar GL1A.tmp etc).

I've tried uninstalling using the uninstall in the ZoneAlarm group and Add/Remove. I have also tried upgrading and doing a clean install to see if this fixes the problem but it's always the same error message. Can anyone help because this is doing my head in...

Cheers.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

<hr></blockquote>Welcome to the Zone Alarm Uaser Forum..
    I did a Google Search for &quot;CM_Get_DevNode_Status&quot; and found that you probably have a ROOTKIT infection on your Computer that needs to be found and Removed..Here are three sites to download a Rootkit Remover from:
    AVG Free Rootkit Remover http://free.grisoft.com/doc/download...otkit/us/frt/0
    From AVG[*]<div class="ad">RootKit Best Remover<div class="adb">Free, secure and easy RootKit scan First Choice in RootKit removal.<div class="adu">www.pctools.com[*]<div class="ad"><div class="adu">[*]<div class="ad"><div class="adu">Rootkit Protection[*]<div class="ad"><div class="adb">Try out Symantec's new Endpoint security solution. Download now!<div class="adu">www.Symantec.com[*]<div class="ad">[*]<div class="ad">[*]<div class="ad">Then down load a fresh copy of Zone Alarm direct from Zone Alarm..[*]<div class="ad">[*]<div class="ad">
    Select your product from the list below:<ul>[*]ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite[*]ZoneAlarm Pro[*]ZoneAlarm Antivirus[*]ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware[*]ZoneAlarm[/list]

<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]

Message Edited by Prof_Fate on 10-10-2007 10:27 AM

Thread Information