Thread: Free Zone Alarm installation problems on VISTA- HELP!!!

pnnaylor Guest

Default Free Zone Alarm installation problems on VISTA- HELP!!!

Just purchased new Toshiba Laptop ( vista) trying install Zone Alarm v7.1.78.0 which says is vista compatible . turned off firewall & updates on from windows . half way thro installation process thefollowing error box and message appears :
    C:\\windows\system32\zonelabs\vsmon.exe
    validation failed for
    c:\windows\system32\VSINIT.dii
    on installation I typed ficticious name/email address ( which was blanked out when I "unticked" 2 boxes. one asking if wanted to register other if wanted reguar updates.
    What have I done wrong or do I need another version?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Free Zone Alarm installation problems on VISTA- HELP!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>pnnaylor wrote:
    Just purchased new Toshiba Laptop ( vista) trying install Zone Alarm v7.1.78.0 which says is vista compatible . turned off firewall &amp; updates on from windows . half way thro installation process thefollowing error box and message appears :C:\\windows\system32\zonelabs\vsmon.exevalidation failed forc:\windows\system32\VSINIT.diion installation I typed ficticious name/email address ( which was blanked out when I "unticked" 2 boxes. one asking if wanted to register other if wanted reguar updates.What have I done wrong or do I need another version?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>1.) It is always best to be up front and honest in your responce to Registration questions..Invalid email Addresses will get you bumped off..2.) when Installing the sofetware allow all of the Default settings, until you have it fully installed and running smoothly for a couple of DAYS..3.) On Vista when installing click the Install as Administrator install option..another Precaution..All New Computers usually come with a Trial Copy of McAfee or Norton Symantec Pre-installed..They must Be Uninstalled before installing Zone Alarm.. (and the Regular Add/Remove Uninstall is Not Enough, because Both mcAfee and Symantec leave lots of remnants behind after the uninstallBoth McAfee and Sysmantec have a Free Uninstall Removal Tool on their Web-site that Removed the Remaining Remnants that may Conflict with the Install of Zone Alarm..4.) if you have any other Security programs Like NAV, or Norton Internet Security Suite, or any other AV or Firewall programs, you need to uninstall them.. to be on the safe side.. 5.) if removing Any Symantec or Norton Programs.. ADD/Remove is not good enough, you must also go to Symantec Web site and download their "Norton_Removal_Tool.exe" to remove all traces of Symantec/Norton files that may conflict with the NEW ZA for Vista..http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...message.id=154Then you should Clean out the Junk files, Recycle Bin and Cashe with the Free ccleaner.exe Program from the link below..http://www.majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_S...ish_d5125.htmlGood Luck...
    ---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.078.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.078.000
    Driver version:7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:20071004015000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200710.2615
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 10-15-2007 04:22 PM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

pnnaylor Guest

have tried uninstalling ANTIVIR and run cleaner and used norton uninstall tool to remove Norton.
    tried reinstall zonealarm ticking all boxes and ansering all questions but keep getting following
    windows update standalone installer.''Installer encoundered error ox80004005 unspecified error&quot;
    then c:\windows\system32\zonelabs\vsmon.exe
    followed by
    Validation error for c:\windows\system32\VSINIT.dii

version trying to download is zlsSetup_71_078_000_en
    please please can someone help me !!! reluctant to go on inet until put this in place
    Paul

fifth_columnist Guest

I'm having just the same problem as pnnaylor. I've just bought a Toshiba A200 laptop with Vista Home Premium loaded, and the install (7.1) of ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite fails with the validation problem on c:\windows\system32\vsinit.dll.

I've
    - followed the certificate advice (http://www.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/P...ion_error.html)
    - followed all George V's advice under http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73587
    - downloaded only with IE (IE7 with all latest patches)
    - switched off the Windows Firewall
    - run as Administrator
    but without success.

The error message will occur a few times during an 'install' but finally the installation hangs and only a hard reboot of the laptop will release it. The program appears in 'Add/Remove Programs' (or whatever Vista calls it now) under Control Panel, so I tried going for an uninstall - again it causes the same 'Validation failed for c:\windows\system32\VSINIT.dll' message and only a hard reboot sorts it out.

I've used ZoneAlarm on other machines for years now and have generally been pretty happy with it. I've resolved various problems with it using the forum and other Google hits, but this particular problem foxes me.

Any idea when there might be a patch or workaround for this ?

Thanks.

Here is a Forum Link to the lastest Information from the Moderator on ZA for Vista..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=73816#M73816
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information