Thread: Zone Alarm Pro Installation

rivergod Guest

Default Zone Alarm Pro Installation

Hi everone
    My system is a Windows XP Porfessional SP2 with Intel Mobile centrino. I have had Zone Alarm Pro for years and love it but have run into a problem. I had to uninstall Zone Alarm Pro and when I began the re-installation process everything was fine until an error prompt display that said exactly the following :
    "You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators account."
    I do not have multiple accounts on my system. I am the "Administrator." I have Kaspersky Ant- Virus 7.0 newly installed on my computer but this problem started before I had installed that program on my system. I have downloaded Pro from "My Account" several times
    and get the same error prompt. I have attempted to even install a trial Zone Alarm Pro and still receive the same error prompt before the installation process can continue.
    I do not know if this is related but I cannot restart my True Vector Service. On another perhaps unrelated note, I used the CCleaner to clean up my registry and perhaps that did something but I deleted that program to see f there was a potential software conflict and Pro still gave me the same prompt. Besides, the re-installation wasn't working properly even before I installed and used CCleaner. My license expires in about twenty days, but I don't see how that could be related. I have used Zone Alarm Pro for years and would like to continue to do so.
    Thank you for any help that any one might be able to provide.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

watcher Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Pro Installation

Dear rivergod:

It appears that when you first tried to uninstall ZAPRO, some of the files were left installed causing problems when you tried to reinstall.

Check for and delete any remaining files/folders found in these locations and the folder itself:

C:\Program Files\Zone Labs(default install location, may be in custom install folder if you chose that during installation)

C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Zone Labs

If you deleted these to the Recycle Bin, empty that now.

In the Registry, delete these(bolded) as follows:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Zone Labs-delete this subkey

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run-find the entry in the right pane called, ZoneAlarm Client, and delete it.

If you don't find all of these, that's a good thing. It means that whatever operation you performed removed them already. Now reboot and try to reinstall ZAPRO.

Please post your results. I have a much larger list for manually uninstalling ZAPRO if the above does not work.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

rivergod Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Pro Installation

Thank you so much Watcher! Your instructions worked perfectly. ZAPRO is fully operational thanks to you.
    Thanks Again and Take Care,River God

Thread Information