Thread: Windows feature of Add / Remove Programs doesn't work after Zonealarm Uninstallation

zaldun Guest

Default Windows feature of Add / Remove Programs doesn't work after Zonealarm Uninstallation

Hi, i have been search the forum for a thread which may describe the issue i am having, and i can't find anything about it.

Some clues: I am using Windows XP Prof. with SP2 and all updates installed; i use IE 6.

I tried ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0.337.000 and as i wasn
    t satisfied with the application i decided to uninstall it using the proper uninstall of the application. didnt get any error about "TrueVector ..." as other people may have had at uninstallation. I have checked any register key which may had been left after uninstall, by ZoneAlarm and removed it, according to what is suggested at:

http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...message.id=103

But the big problem is that though i login as administrator, the Winddows feature to Add /remove Programs seems corrupt, as there is no longer any modify / remove buttons to uninstall applications from there; i also *think* some of installed applications arent listed there ... I already scanned the HD for any virus trace, but no sign of anyone ...

anyone could help with this issue, and help get back the administrator functions?

Thanks in advance for any light on the issue.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

watcher Guest

Default Re: Windows feature of Add / Remove Programs doesn't work after Zonealarm Uninstallation

Dear zaldun:

Missing programs or functionality in Add or Remove Programs applet indicates Registry damage. Have you tried using the System Restore utility to restore your computer to a previous configuration, before you made the changes?

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

Thread Information