Thread: Issues Installing ZA: Unable to log into True Vector Service

vsama Guest

Default Issues Installing ZA: Unable to log into True Vector Service

HP dv9000 Windows XP SP2
    Trying to install ZA, but having continuing issue with this messag popping up:
    "Setup is unable to log into the True Vector service. Install cannot continue without logging into the TrueVector service. Please use the service manager to shut down the TrueVector service and then restart the installer program."
    I have no idea how to shut down and restart this service, much less what command to run to bring up the service manager.
    Help please?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

sluse Guest

Default Re: Issues Installing ZA: Unable to log into True Vector Service

I've been using ZA for a few years, and just attempted the upgrade to Version 7. Upgrade appeared to complete, but ZA would not show up in my icon tray and I had no access to the client. I therefore attempted a reinstall, but got the same error you're getting:
    "Setup is unable ot log into the TrueVector service. ..."

I just discovered that you may be able to halt the TrueVector service by going to:
    Start-->Settings-->Control Panlel-->Administrative Tools-->Services, and looking for the TrueVector service there and halting it.

I've not yet tried this, but will do so later today.

Default Re: Issues Installing ZA: Unable to log into True Vector Service

---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.078.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.078.000
    Driver version:7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:20071107042000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200711.2775
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>sluse wrote:
    I've been using ZA for a few years, and just attempted the upgrade to Version 7. Upgrade appeared to complete, but ZA would not show up in my icon tray and I had no access to the client. I therefore attempted a reinstall, but got the same error you're getting:
    "Setup is unable ot log into the TrueVector service. ..."

I just discovered that you may be able to halt the TrueVector service by going to:
    Start--&gt;Settings--&gt;Control Panlel--&gt;Administrative Tools--&gt;Services, and looking for the TrueVector service there and halting it.

I've not yet tried this, but will do so later today.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

True Vector and VSmon.exe are the Guts of the Firewall protection..

Those two Programs Load as Services and are the first things Started when your Computer Hard drive Boots up and they are the last things to shut down when your computer shuts down, in order to make sure that your computer is Always protected..

Point Two: Please Help Us Help you solve your problem, by providing as much information about your problem as possible..

1..) since there are several diferent versions of Zone Alarm, and Lots of different Version Numbers and Upgrade Numbers and Even Different Windows Operating Systems,

It would Help US help you if you provided that information up front, as the BLUE Postem'n Note at the top of this Message area indicates..

2.) Not having that Basic Information, I can Only make a Guess and give you A Generic Fix for the Basic True Vector Solution..

3.) The True Vector problem preventing Install of a New Version is usually Due to the Fact that The install process will try to Install a New Copy of True Vector and New Copy of VSmon.exe

However, that can not Happen if the Old Copy of True Vector and VSmon.exe are still runing as a Service on your computer from a previous version of Zone Alarm..

4.) The proper Proceedure for Turning off True Vector &amp; VSmon.exe befor Uninstalling Zone Alarm or Installing a new Upgrade to Zone alarm, is the Following:

5.) Go into ZA Overview/Preferences Section and UN-Check "Load ZA..... on Startup", the Reboot your Computer, the will Stop True Vector and VSMon.exe so that New Copies can be Installed..

6. Now your ready to install the New Copy of Zone Alarm.. and the Only Conflict may be if you have other Security programs installed and Competeing for System Resources with Zone alarm..

Please Post Back with the proper information about your System and your Version and type of Zone Alarm..

good luck..

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information