Thread: Vista Install Success.....................

donz Guest

Default Vista Install Success.....................

Greetings Zone Alarm Forum, I recently tried the trail program and after 12 days I bought the program due to its flawless compatibility with my Vista OPS.
    I purchased this PC with a trail program of Norton. The Nortom program was ok, however Zone Alarm IMHO is much more user friendly. There is much on the forums for installing Zone Alarm on
    their PC's
    that has another Internet Security Program installed. I suggest you read them and follow them verbatim. I personally used Nortons Removal Tool which removed "most" of it's system. I still see a Norton Alert and Log File which does not seem to interfere with ZA's operation.
    At least the ones that would conflict with the install of ZA are gone. Bottom line: ZA V7.1.078.000 installed without any conflicts. I am well satisfied with the performance so far. Time will tell what transpires in the future. I am optimistic that I will not have any issues here. In time ZA will add more enhancements for the Vista version. In any event so far, so good. I suggest Vista users who prefer ZA, by all means...go for it. Just read the many posts associated with the CORRECT PROCEDURE for uninstalling old ISS software for ZA. Best of luck. Regards , donz

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Vista Install Success.....................

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>donz wrote:
    Greetings Zone Alarm Forum, I recently tried the trail program and after 12 days I bought the program due to its flawless compatibility with my Vista OPS. I purchased this PC with a trail program of Norton. The Nortom program was ok, however Zone Alarm IMHO is much more user friendly. There is much on the forums for installing Zone Alarm ontheir PC'sthat has another Internet Security Program installed. I suggest you read them and follow them verbatim. I personally used Nortons Removal Tool which removed "most" of it's system. I still see a Norton Alert and Log File which does not seem to interfere with ZA's operation.At least the ones that would conflict with the install of ZA are gone. Bottom line: ZA V7.1.078.000 installed without any conflicts. I am well satisfied with the performance so far. Time will tell what transpires in the future. I am optimistic that I will not have any issues here. In time ZA will add more enhancements for the Vista version. In any event so far, so good. I suggest Vista users who prefer ZA, by all means...go for it. Just read the many posts associated with the CORRECT PROCEDURE for uninstalling old ISS software for ZA. Best of luck. Regards , donz

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum...
    Thank Your for your Inspiring Good results, and the fact that you found some helpful install instruction on this Forum that worked for you..There are a Few Nitpics and flaws in this First Release of ZASS for Vista, but for the most part it runs smoothly..There is a Bug Fix in the works to add more features to ZASS for Vista, but no ETA on when that will be yet..Thank You..---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.078.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.078.000
    Driver version:7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:20071004015000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200710.2685
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

donz Guest

Greetings George V, thanks for the greeting and reply. It at least confirms to me that the forum is reading my posts. This question has nothing to do with ZA and I hope to not be out of line here. If so please let me know. I am however curious as to your PC. In question is the graphics card. Did you upgrade to the 8400GS or was it the OE install? The reason I ask is my PC has the basic NVIDIA GeForce
    7350LE. I want to upgrade it to a much more powerful graphics card due to of course the limitations this card inherently has. I have done much research on this subject such as Power Source requirements,compatibility with the MOB, so on and so forth and have read pros and cons as to which will work and not. Bottom line: I would just like your input. Thanks if you can help and hope I am not out of line here. Sincerely, donz

Greetings George V, thanks for the greeting and reply. It at least confirms to me that the forum is reading my posts. This question has nothing to do with ZA and I hope to not be out of line here. If so please let me know. I am however curious as to your PC. In question is the graphics card. Did you upgrade to the 8400GS or was it the OE install? The reason I ask is my PC has the basic NVIDIA GeForce7350LE. I want to upgrade it to a much more powerful graphics card due to of course the limitations this card inherently has. I have done much research on this subject such as Power Source requirements,compatibility with the MOB, so on and so forth and have read pros and cons as to which will work and not. Bottom line: I would just like your input. Thanks if you can help and hope I am not out of line here. Sincerely, donz
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback....I Custom Ordered my High Performance Desktop PC ONLINE from HP.COM1.) My 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS, TV-out,DVI-I,HDMI is part of the Motherboard.2.) My HP Pavilion d4990y Customizable High Performance Desktop PCGenuine Vista Ultimate upgrade (32-bit)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor E6700 (2.66GHz)
    4GB DDR2-800MHz dual channel SDRAM (4x1024)
    256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS, TV-out,DVI-I,HDMI
    802.11b/g Wireless LAN PCI Card
    400GB RAID 1 (2x400GB SATA HDDs) - data security
    LightScribe 16X DVD-+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
    16x max. DVD-Rom
    15-in-1 memory card reader, 3 USB, 1394, video
    ATSC-NTSC TV Tuner with PVR,FM tuner and remote control
    Integrated 7.1 channel sound w/front audio port
    Norton Internet Security(TM) 2007 - 15 Months
    Microsoft(R) Works 8.0
    HP w2207 22-inch Widescreen Flat-Panel Monitor
    HP stereo Speakers with subwoofer and remote
    HP keyboard and HP scroller mouse
    3.5 in 1.44MB Floppy Drive
    3.) If your intension was to Improve your Video for GAMING purposes, then You will need a Faster Video Card than I have with More Onboard Memory of the Card, like an NVIDIA GeForce 8700GS, or 9400 with 512MB or 1 GB if possible..4.) If you just want to upgrade to Play TV or Record TV on your Computer and use Windows Media Center, your Card should be good enough if you add a ATI - TV WONDER 650 PCI Tuner Card Model: 100-715331 | SKU: 7907857 from BestBuy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=11492068438685.) one of my other Computers is a HP Pavilion d4890y Customizable Desktop PC with 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE, TV-out,DVI,VGAThat I added the above BestBuy ATI - TV WONDER 650 PCI Tuner Card to and it works great..---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:

Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200710.2685

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 10-25-2007 10:51 AM
    GeorgeV

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

donz Guest

Thanks George, as you had your PC custom build, I should have went the same route. If I knew of the low end Graphics installed, I would have reconsidered. However what is done is done. I always research a product extensively before purchase but in this case it was an impulse off shelve buy, mainly due to its 2 Quad Q6600
    processor and it's memory capacity. I'm not too keen on Vista however it has some nice features that I am adapting to. One issue with Vista is it's limited software applications. Being a new OP's system though I'm sure many
    software's will soon be more compatible with it. At any rate I appreciate your response. In time I'll upgrade the power source, graphics card and possible memory. I am not too much into gaming, however I enjoy visuals and sound applications as I am an artist and into quantum physics and astronomy. The Zone Alarm program is performing very well like an atomic clock. Well, thanks so much for your input. You are an important contributor to this forum
    which is
    well appreciated. Regards, Don Zelazny

Thanks George, as you had your PC custom build, I should have went the same route. If I knew of the low end Graphics installed, I would have reconsidered. However what is done is done. I always research a product extensively before purchase but in this case it was an impulse off shelve buy, mainly due to its 2 Quad Q6600processor and it's memory capacity. I'm not too keen on Vista however it has some nice features that I am adapting to. One issue with Vista is it's limited software applications. Being a new OP's system though I'm sure manysoftware's will soon be more compatible with it. At any rate I appreciate your response. In time I'll upgrade the power source, graphics card and possible memory. I am not too much into gaming, however I enjoy visuals and sound applications as I am an artist and into quantum physics and astronomy. The Zone Alarm program is performing very well like an atomic clock. Well, thanks so much for your input. You are an important contributor to this forumwhich iswell appreciated. Regards, Don Zelazny
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank You for your Kind words and your feedback to the users of this forum..---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:

Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200710.2705
    GeorgeV