Thread: Zone Alarms renewal-upgrade; doesn't recognize download, won't accept new license key

northstone Guest

Default Zone Alarms renewal-upgrade; doesn't recognize download, won't accept new license key

Hello,
    I am having a problem with a purchased Security Suite (1 Year Upgrade), with anti-virus, purchased online directly from Zonelabs.
    What I have on board shows to still be
    Zone Alarm Pro, version 7.0.408.000.
    I have been using Zonealarms for years and renewed online annually, and this is the first time this has come up.
    I only noticed the purchased license wasn't what was actually loaded on the ZA interface because although I purchased and downloaded the product weeks before expiration - going through all the preference steps, etc., and rebooting - I got flagged yesterday that my purchase had expired.

I went to the license key and properly cut and paste the license provided via the zonelabs confirmation e-mail.
    On "apply," I got a message:
    "The license key you entered is not valid.
    Please try again."
    I tried the same method numerous times, then I manually typed the license key, same result.

I then went to the website to just download again - I have extended download.
    I did so, properly, reboot, the first time, the ZA load seemed to hang - I looked at task manager, and it was hung in "not responding."
    I rebooted, and although it took forever, ZA loaded - with the old license key.
    I tried to cut and paste the new license key, same problem as before.
    I had Nod32 but uninstalled it prior to the original purchase and download of the renewal.
    I have windows security center on board.
    Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Spyware Guard, Trojan Hunter on board, but they've been there for years, through several ZA renewals, without issue.
    I am wondering is this is somehow related to moving from ZA pro to an upgrade of the Security Suite?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Zone Alarms renewal-upgrade; doesn't recognize download, won't accept new license key

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

I am very sorry that you are having issues with ZA and hopefully I will be able to help you find a solution.

PLEASE go to the following thread, THANKS.

Re: License Key Invalid

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=98632#M72979

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, THANKS.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

northstone Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarms renewal-upgrade; doesn't recognize download, won't accept new license key

Everything looks good - thanks very much!

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi,You are Very Welcome.Thank you very much for posting back and glad to hear your issue has been fixed.Have a Great Weekend!SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

Thread Information