Thread: Days need to be added on to remaining days of subscription...

gamick Guest

Default Days need to be added on to remaining days of subscription...

A couple years ago I renewed my subscription (3 pack) about a month earlier than the expiration date ZASS was showing me because it started the "Nag Routine" as its doing again now.
    It provides a link to renew so I clicked on it and bought the subscription for my three PC's.
    I entered the code into ZASS and it showed 366 days remaining on my subscription.
    I should have had almost 30 days left over from my previous subscription
    so it should have read 396 days.
    I emailed customer service and was told essentially that was the way it was.
    Nothing they could
    do except
    refund me for my new subscription and I could rebuy it when the other expired.
    I have many pieces of software that are subscription and other than ZASS there are NO OTHER companies that do not just add days to
    the current remaining days of your subscription.
    A couple companies even allow you to buy a month at a time if you want and just add the days you need as you need them-- which is a little extreme even in my book.
    However, on the other extreme we have Zone Labs that starts nagging you to renew 30 days in advance of your expiration but doesn't give you credit for days left and starts the clock ticking on the new subscription the minute you buy
    it, not when you "APPLY" it.
    Not only is this lousey customer relations but it stinks a little
    like a con.
    A big operation like Checkpoint can't upgrade the way it handles subscriptions so the customer gets the full benefit of the days purchased without making them "Pay On The Day" it's due?
    Sounds a bit too convenient.
    X-(
    Is the answer still "...that's the way it is"?
    I "have to" renew on November 22nd and this problem has irritated me since 2004 when I bought ZASS for the first time.

Another product that I am testing on
    another PC adds
    new days to what you have left-- I check this now on all my subscription products.
    They're also a little cheaper and I like their Email Junk Filter better.
    Shouldn't Checkpoint and Zone Labs join the 21st Century on this procedure?

Thank you for any information you can give me in this matter.

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: Days need to be added on to remaining days of subscription...

<blockquote><hr>gamick wrote:
    A couple years ago I renewed my subscription (3 pack) about a month earlier than the expiration date ZASS was showing me because it started the &quot;Nag Routine&quot; as its doing again now.
    It provides a link to renew so I clicked on it and bought the subscription for my three PC's.
    I entered the code into ZASS and it showed 366 days remaining on my subscription.
    I should have had almost 30 days left over from my previous subscription
    so it should have read 396 days.
    I emailed customer service and was told essentially that was the way it was.
    Nothing they could
    do except
    refund me for my new subscription and I could rebuy it when the other expired.
    I have many pieces of software that are subscription and other than ZASS there are NO OTHER companies that do not just add days to
    the current remaining days of your subscription.
    A couple companies even allow you to buy a month at a time if you want and just add the days you need as you need them-- which is a little extreme even in my book.
    However, on the other extreme we have Zone Labs that starts nagging you to renew 30 days in advance of your expiration but doesn't give you credit for days left and starts the clock ticking on the new subscription the minute you buy
    it, not when you &quot;APPLY&quot; it.
    Not only is this lousey customer relations but it stinks a little
    like a con.
    A big operation like Checkpoint can't upgrade the way it handles subscriptions so the customer gets the full benefit of the days purchased without making them &quot;Pay On The Day&quot; it's due?
    Sounds a bit too convenient.
    X-(
    Is the answer still &quot;...that's the way it is&quot;?
    I &quot;have to" renew on November 22nd and this problem has irritated me since 2004 when I bought ZASS for the first time.

Another product that I am testing on
    another PC adds
    new days to what you have left-- I check this now on all my subscription products.
    They're also a little cheaper and I like their Email Junk Filter better.
    Shouldn't Checkpoint and Zone Labs join the 21st Century on this procedure?

Thank you for any information you can give me in this matter.
    <hr></blockquote>I'm sorry to hear about your problem..
    This is a User Forum for Users to Help each other, Not a Customer Service or Tech Support Forum, the Zone Alarm Web site has links to those two services..
    We are all Users here in this Forum, the Moderator is the Only Employee here..
    You concerns about Renewal and Extension of License Key should be sent to Zone Alarm Customer Service..
    www.zonealarm.com/csform..
    From my own Experience.. The Renewal date starts when you Renew, or Install the software..??
    with the possible exception of renewing after the
    Key Expires..I believe there is a 30 day grace period. But you should contact Customer Service on that issue..

gamick Guest

Thank you
    Prof_Fate
    for the information.
    I apologize for not using the correct avenue.
    I can't stand people that do that and then complain and here I was doing the same thing!
    Bad hair day I guess...

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>gamick wrote:
    Thank you
    Prof_Fate
    for the information.
    I apologize for not using the correct avenue.
    I can't stand people that do that and then complain and here I was doing the same thing!
    Bad hair day I guess...

<hr></blockquote>Thank you for that Positive Feedback..
    Good Luck on your License issue..

Thread Information