Thread: Update Client Giving itself Permissions

demitasse Guest

Default Update Client Giving itself Permissions

Its set to manual updates and the update client has all red x's in permissions but it goes and gives itself a couple green checkmarks and tries to update.
    Noticed the update file's permissions in system32 give full leeway to "everyone". What;s going
    on
    ?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

bigdawg_daddy Guest

Default Re: Update Client Giving itself Permissions

<blockquote><hr>Demitasse wrote:
    Its set to manual updates and the update client has all red x's in permissions but it goes and gives itself a couple green checkmarks and tries to update.
    Noticed the update file's permissions in system32 give full leeway to &quot;everyone&quot;. What;s going
    on
    ?

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

<hr></blockquote>Try this...
    go into ZA Program Control/Program tab and find the listing for ZA Update and change the &quot;SmartDefense&quot; option from Auto to Custom..

demitasse Guest

Default Re: Update Client Giving itself Permissions

Hi,

I went to program control/ smart defense. It's set to manual. The smardefense section has no custom setting. Auto lock does, that's set to block all access.
    Not sure what's going on. Its really annoying me that Zone Alarm is now running as a system service and changing permissions for
    itself on the update client
    and contacting Zonelabs by itself, when
    I've set everything for
    me to update manually.
    (I cant even deny the main program anymore to access the internet).
    I also have to keep turning ZA off to pull up programs sometimes, even though they're given permissions.
    I must have a corrupt copy or something. Guess next thing is to try a totally clean reinstall.

I

Thread Information