Thread: ZA Free Version

longone Guest

Default ZA Free Version

Hi Folks I"ve been using the free version of za for a couple of years now. I recently bought a new pc and downloaded the program to install on the new machine, I"ve tried to install it and can get as far as this C:\Windows\system32\zonelabs\zlquarantine.dll which is 25%
    and then
    cant get any further. I used add and remove to uninstall what little was there so I could try again and have now lost half of my list of programs installed. Any help would be appreciated

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: ZA Free Version

Hi,Welcome to the Forum!PLEASE go to the following thread, THANKS.http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=24673SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>longone wrote:
    Hi Folks I&quot;ve been using the free version of za for a couple of years now. I recently bought a new pc and downloaded the program to install on the new machine, I&quot;ve tried to install it and can get as far as this C:\Windows\system32\zonelabs\zlquarantine.dll which is 25%
    and then
    cant get any further. I used add and remove to uninstall what little was there so I could try again and have now lost half of my list of programs installed. Any help would be appreciated

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

<hr></blockquote>
    Please Read the following Forum Link..
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=71835#M71835

longone Guest

Hi There Thanks for the reply Ive read the link and it sounds like the problem. Ive downloaded 65 737 000 and tried to install but I all I get now is &quot;not a valid win 32 application&quot; and cant get any further. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

prof_fate Guest

Hi There Thanks for the reply Ive read the link and it sounds like the problem. Ive downloaded 65 737 000 and tried to install but I all I get now is &quot;not a valid win 32 application&quot; and cant get any further. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    <hr></blockquote>Thank you for your Reply,
    that Error, usually indicates that the Downloaded File was Corrupted during the download or an Incomplete part of the full size of the original file..
    Please Delete that downloaded file and clean out your Temp files and Recyle Bin, and Download the ZA File again..
    Here is a instructions for a successful Download of ZA Files..
    1.) Use IE6 or IE7,2.) do not use any Download Manager or Download Excelerator3.) Shut down any un-needed Background Hogs like Music Player, Games, Defrager, or Burning CD/DVD's
    while downloading..4.) Turn Off Screen Blankers and Sleep mode as this may corrupt the download..
    5. After You Complete the Download, If you have an old Copy of ZA Installed.. Go into Overview/Preferences and Un Check &quot;Load ZA.... on Startup&quot;

and ReBoot your computer before Installing the New Copy..
    Good Luck..
    Please keep us Posted on your Progress..

longone Guest

Hello again Thanks again for replying Ive followed your advise and am still getting the same error message. If you have anymore thoughts that would be good if not thanks anyway

prof_fate Guest

Hello again Thanks again for replying Ive followed your advise and am still getting the same error message. If you have anymore thoughts that would be good if not thanks anyway
    <hr></blockquote>At this Point I would normally recommend contacting Zone Alarm Tech Support.But that service is
    FREE ONLY for the Paid Version and needs a Valid License Key..
    my Last tip would be to Scan you computer with a Free ONLINE Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware Service, for Trojans, Spyware or Viruses that may have infected your computer and Blocking the install of ZoneAlarm..
    If you have read thru the Previous Responces and Clicked on the URL's in thoses Message, they Give good clues on how to check for Conflict with other Security Programs that may have Registry Guard/Worm Protection that will Block Zone Alarm fromwriting to the Registry and thus prevent Zone Alarm from installing..
    Sorry, That's all I have to offer..

Thread Information