Thread: ZA Firewall 70 408 000 interfering with fingerswipe on Thinkpad

myradith Guest

Default ZA Firewall 70 408 000 interfering with fingerswipe on Thinkpad

I previously had been using ZA Firewall 70 302 000 with no problems. I then downloaded the "new" version as I was alerted, 70 408 000. I chose the so-called "clean" install, thinking it would be easier. When I restarted my computer, my fingerswipe security (which was previously all I needed) did not work and I was asked to re-enter a password I have no needed since I got the computer 10 months ago. I was able to recover the password, but every time I restarted I got a box saying "Checking the status of embedded security chip" for several minutes. Finally I was able to get into Windows and promptly uninstalled Zone Alarm. I would like to know why I had these problems with the new version of Zone Alarm. Would I be better off re-installing the old version?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:5.x
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

barrykunz Guest

Default Re: ZA Firewall 70 408 000 interfering with fingerswipe on Thinkpad

<blockquote><hr>Myradith wrote:
    I previously had been using ZA Firewall 70 302 000 with no problems. I then downloaded the &quot;new&quot; version as I was alerted, 70 408 000. I chose the so-called &quot;clean&quot; install, thinking it would be easier. When I restarted my computer, my fingerswipe security (which was previously all I needed) did not work and I was asked to re-enter a password I have no needed since I got the computer 10 months ago. I was able to recover the password, but every time I restarted I got a box saying &quot;Checking the status of embedded security chip&quot; for several minutes. Finally I was able to get into Windows and promptly uninstalled Zone Alarm. I would like to know why I had these problems with the new version of Zone Alarm. Would I be better off re-installing the old version?

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version: 5.x
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm (Free)

<hr></blockquote>
    Has this been resolved? I have a T60P and I have this same issue.

ottolini Guest

Default Re: ZA Firewall 70 408 000 interfering with fingerswipe on Thinkpad

Same problem here, with X60s...
    What rule should we change to let the thinkpad boot smoothly?

thank you for any help

marco

Thread Information