Thread: Update from ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0.337.000 to 7.0.462.000 ?!

xando Guest

Default Update from ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0.337.000 to 7.0.462.000 ?!

Hi all,
    I have the German Version of ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0.337.000
    installed on my Pc. Now i want to update to 7.0.462.000 but all i can find is the english version ! I like to know if there is a german version too ? Also, i have to unisntall my old ZoneAlarm Pro
    before i can install the
    a
    new version,
    is that right ?And last Question: Yesterday i try'd to install Gdata Antivirus 2008 on my Pc (WinXP SP2)
    but after the installation i good reboots all the time because ZoneAlarm Pro
    crashed with the software. If i
    turn ZoneAlarm Pro off
    Gdata

Antivirus 2008 workd fine. Is there a solution to that problem or is it fix'd in ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0.462.000 ?
    I hope for some help, thx

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

bluepencil Guest

Default Re: Update from ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0.337.000 to 7.0.462.000 ?!

Hello Xando,
    I am sorry but I was not able to find the German version of ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0.462.000.
    I had installed the English version of ZAP 7.0.462.000 on my PC without uninstalling the Japanese version of ZAP 7.0.337.000. No problem.
    And my Antivirus software is NOD32, I don't know Gdata Antivirus 2008, sorry.
    Regards
    BluePencil

Default Re: Update from ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0.337.000 to 7.0.462.000 ?!

BluePencil:

The Germanic version will come, but usually the translations are slow and well behind the English version. Japanese version usually comes late as well.

Xando:

GData had two seperate antivirus engines. It does some issues with a few firewalls. But I am unsure about conflicts with the ZA. Never seen or heard about user trying the Gdata in this forum.
    In order to fix the ZA/Gdata issue, I would suggest to uninstall both. then clean the dead files/registry/temp folders for both uninstalls, then install the GData once again and follow it's installation through to a proper end. Then install the ZA Pro once again. That should work. You may find using only one active engine at a time instead of both at the same time will have a better effect on the PC resources.

Cheers, Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 12-02-2007 03:01 AM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information