Thread: Boxed Retail ZASS 2007 License Key doesn't work!!

cpfb Guest

Default Boxed Retail ZASS 2007 License Key doesn't work!!

Hey all,

I extremely new here as I got sick and tired of Norton System works and decided to switch to a simpler, better security suite with high hopes on Zone Alarm.

Here is my system specs;

AMD Athlon 62 X2 4800 Dual Core

ASUS A8N Premium MB

2GB DDR MEM

MS XP Home SP2

2- ASUS 6600GT VC's in SLI Mode

Norton Systemworks 2006 with Antivirus and Firewall removed (Kept only the system tools)

Ad Aware SE Personal

Spybot Search & Destroy

Ok, I purchased a retail box from my local Fry's store about a week ago and I have finally had time to sit and install it. I ran the disk after I removed the Norton Firewall and Antivirus and rebooted. I installed the software and came up to a window from ZASS asking if I wanted to continue on the 15-day trial or enter my key. I typed in the key from the back of the CD sleeve and hit the validate key. It came back as "Not a Valid Key"

I tried different variations of the key, all uppercase, all lowercase, no dashes, with dashes, some with 0's, some with O's, some with I's, some with 1's, nothing worked. I have sent an e-mail to ZA Retail support but wanted to try the forum.

I have DL'ed the new 7.0.462.000 and installed it. I read through the forums about the Windows Security not seeing the firewall and did the workaround with 100% fix!

Am I doing something incorrect on the license key from what anybody can see above? Do I wait for an e-mail from Retail Support, where do I go from here?

Thanks ahead for any help y'all can provide!

CPFB

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Boxed Retail ZASS 2007 License Key doesn't work!!

See - http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...d=29406#M73082<hr>Try with upper case letters , no letter O - use number 0, they do use letter I and number 1, no need for dashes - there already set there. If it still doesn't work call toll free to verify with live operator - quick results - see link<hr>:8}NaiveMelody
    NYC 11-24-07 - Fight For Your Right - The Beastie Boys

cpfb Guest

Default Re: Boxed Retail ZASS 2007 License Key doesn't work!!

GOT IT!!!
    I had posed to the ZA Tech Support and they validated the key. The printing on the sleeve looked like a 'W' and it was two 'V's clost together!!
    OK, So I need glasses!!
    Thanks for all your help!!
    CPFB

Thread Information