Thread: Is this normal??

Hybrid View

ihatesym Guest

Default Is this normal??

With all previous versions of ZA Internet Security Suite, I ALWAYS had two entries in my task manager for "ScanningProcess.exe", along with the Vsmon.exe process. After upgrading to the 462 version, I now only have one entry in my task manger for ScanningProcess.exe and I'm wondering if this is normal. The Vsmon.exe entry still exists, and ZA states "all systems active". It's also working perfectly normal--no issues at all. I realize some things have changed with this new version. Can anyone tell me if I should have two ScanningProcess.exe, or did this latest release eliminate one of them?

Thanks so much.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

ihatesym Guest

Default Re: Is this normal??

Also, a second question...

Regarding the uninstall instructions that are in the "helpful hints and tricks" forum:

* Now remove all ZoneLabs keys that may be left in the Windows registry. To do this copy the lines below and paste them into Notepad.

Save the file as zabegone.reg, double click it and allow for the registry changes to be made.

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ZAMailSafe]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Zone Labs]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Zone Labs]

[-HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Zone Labs]

Are you supposed to copy all four lines AND "Regedit4" into one notepad file? Or are you supposed to exclude the "REGEDIT4", or are you supposed to make a separate notepad file for each of the four reg commands?

Also, does anyone have any info on my above thread yet?

Thanks so much.

ihatesym Guest

Default Re: Is this normal??

<blockquote><hr>IHateSym wrote:
    With all previous versions of ZA Internet Security Suite, I ALWAYS had two entries in my task manager for &quot;ScanningProcess.exe&quot;, along with the Vsmon.exe process. After upgrading to the 462 version, I now only have one entry in my task manger for ScanningProcess.exe and I'm wondering if this is normal. The Vsmon.exe entry still exists, and ZA states &quot;all systems active&quot;. It's also working perfectly normal--no issues at all. I realize some things have changed with this new version. Can anyone tell me if I should have two ScanningProcess.exe, or did this latest release eliminate one of them?

Thanks so much.

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Software Version: 7.0
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>

Anyone??

Thread Information