Thread: Problem Installing 7.0.462

butifaro Guest

Default Problem Installing 7.0.462

Hi
    I'm trying to install 7.0.462 on a machine with XP Pro and keep getting
    an error saying 'The Application failed to initialise properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application'. I have uninstalled the previous version and tried again but this doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm also running NAV v 14.3.0.8 and I'm guessing there may be some kind of conflict here however I've turned off NAV and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas? Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Problem Installing 7.0.462

Hi,Welcome to the Forum!PLEASE go to the following thread, THANKS.http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=73817SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

butifaro Guest

Hi
    Thanks for the swift response but the post you refer to assumes I am running a Norton firewall whereas in fact I'm just using anti-virus. Are you saying I would have to uninstall this to install the Zone
    Alarm update? Thanks.

Hi,NO, leave it alone.PLEASE try the following and PLEASE keep me posted on your results, THANKS.1.) PLEASE go to the following threads and download your version of Zone Alarm that you want to installed on your computer. PLEASE download it on your DESKTOP, BUT DO NOT INSTALL IT, until you completely followed the instructions BELOW.

ZoneAlarm (FREE)

http://www.zonelabs.com/zadownload

ZoneAlarm with Antivirus

http://www.zonelabs.com/zaavdownload

ZoneAlarm Pro

http://www.zonelabs.com/zapdownload

ZoneAlarm Security Suite

http://www.zonelabs.com/zasuitedownload

2.) Once you have downloaded your version of Zone Alarm to your Desktop.

3,) DISCONNECT FROM THE INTERNET. If you use Cable or DSL Modem, PLEASE DISCONNECT IT. ALSO, ANY OTHER PROGRAMS, THIS INCLUDES THE WINDOWS FIREWALL, EXCEPT YOUR BASIC PROGRAMS TO RUN WINDOWS. To find out what APPLICATIONS ARE RUNNING, PLEASE GO TO YOUR TASK MANAGER. Control + Alt+ Delete. It should bring you to your Task Mgr. Look for Applications, make sure there are NO APPLICATIONS RUNNING. If they are, use the END TASK BUTTON.

Courtesy : Guus abc from Nucia Dutch Antispyware Forum, the Gurus here, and Tech Support, and others.

To remove ZoneAlarm completely from your computer in case normal uninstall can t be run or doesn t run properly, do the following:

* Right click the ZoneAlarm systray icon and click Restore ZoneAlarm Control Center.

Go to Overview > Preferences and uncheck Load ZoneAlarm at startup.

Close Control Center, right click the icon again and then click Shutdown ZoneAlarm.

Note: If you're unable to carry out this step because the icon is missing, you can skip it and proceed with the next steps, but in this case do them all in safe mode!

* REBOOT

* Go to Start > Programs > ZoneLabs and click Uninstall, or uninstall ZA using Control Panel > Software > Add/Remove Programs.

If a security check appears, click Yes and continue the uninstall procedure.

* REBOOT

* Make sure hidden files and folders are shown. To do so open Windows Explorer. Depending on your OS click Tools or View and then Folder Options > View.

Choose Show hidden files and folders, uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Windows 2000/XP/2003 only) and click OK.

* Next go to Start > Search > Files and Folders. Make sure the location box is set to search your Local Hard Drive (usually C:\ ) or All Local Drives. Also make

sure the Advanced Search Options are set to search subfolders and hidden files. Now copy the entire line below, paste it into the search box and click Search Now.

Zonelabs; "zone labs"; "Internet logs"; vsconfig.xml; vsdata.dll; vsdata95.vxd; vsdatant.sys; vsmon.*; vsmonapi.dll; vsnetutils.dll;vspubapi.dll; zaplus.*; zapro.*; **bleep**.dat; zlparser.dll; zonealarm.exe; zoneband.dll; vsutil.dll; zlclient.*

A list of files and folders belonging to ZoneAlarm will appear in the Search Results pane.

Note: if you re using McAfee software be sure to check the vsutil.dll if found: right click the file and choose Properties. Verify it belongs to ZoneLabs.

If it does not do not remove it. Now proceed by deleting all ZoneLabs files and folders that were found.

* Empty the Recycle Bin.

* Now remove all ZoneLabs keys that may be left in the Windows registry. To do this copy the lines below and paste them into Notepad.

Save the file as zabegone.reg, double click it and allow for the registry changes to be made.

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ZAMailSafe]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Zone Labs]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Zone Labs]

[-HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Zone Labs]

* REBOOT

ZoneAlarm will now be completely removed from your computer. If you wish to install a new copy of ZA, be sure to do so under an administrator account with full rights and permissions.

4.) Now go back to your DESKTOP to where you have downloaded a FRESH COPY of ZONE ALARM AND INSTALL IT.

5.) PLEASE LET ZONE ALARM configured your PROGRAM SETTINGS. WHY? There is a very good possibility that when you manually install the Program Settings, something DOES NOT get properly installed, therefore causing major problems with your installment of Zone Alarm. Later on if you decide you do not want a specific program in your Programs Control Panel, then remove it. If it is required, you will get alert about it allowing or disallowing it. That's your decision. I have always done this, never a problem by letting Zone Alarm configure my settings.

6.) When everything is totally completed, PLEASE reboot your system and connect back on to the Internet, make sure all your other programs are activated this includes Zone Alarm and the ones you had disabled, especially your Cable or DSL Modems.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day!

SlyFox

butifaro Guest

Hi again

I've been through all of these steps and I'm still getting the same error. I found and deleted the files you suggested and also updated the registry. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Is the Norton AntiVirus "special mini" firewall disabled? Worm guard or intrusion protections disabled. This feature of Nortons will interfere with all other software firewalls and must be disabled for the Zone Alarm to work properly.

butifaro Guest

Yes they are all turned off

Hi,PLEASE contact Tech Support and see what they say about this issue and if you would PLEASE post back with their answer they give you, THANKS.You need to contact Tech Support at

www.zonelabs.com/tsform

SlyFox

Thread Information