Thread: More vsutil.dll installation problems...after installing 7.0.462.000 and it not working

dbissette Guest

Default More vsutil.dll installation problems...after installing 7.0.462.000 and it not working

Similar to other readers, 0.462.000 and it would not work. The true vector kept shutting down. I uninstalled twice, did a clean install, etc., but then started to get a new problem message, that the vsutil.dll file did not load or did not have the proper components in it. I would get it twice in a row on each install attempt. I was initially able to install the new version, now it won't install at all. After doing an uninstall I also did a registry clean using one of the major reg cleaners. I found tons of the vsutil.dll files and deletem them all, just as the clean install directions asked.

I have AdAware, Spywareblaster, and Spybot on the computer also.

It appears to me that the install file installs a version of vsutil.dll (Nov 4 or 14, 2007, I think) then says it won't load. I delete it, then it happens again, each time in a different temp folder.

I've spent several hours on this already with no success. I can't install the update at all.

David B.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

dbissette Guest

Default Re: More vsutil.dll installation problems...after installing 7.0.462.000 and it not working

This is the same writer as the original post..I meant to add that I downloaded the file again using IE 7 just to make sure there were no problems there.

david

findley Guest

Default Re: More vsutil.dll installation problems...after installing 7.0.462.000 and it not working

<blockquote><hr>dbissette wrote:
    Similar to other readers, 0.462.000 and it would not work. The true vector kept shutting down. I uninstalled twice, did a clean install, etc., but then started to get a new problem message, that the vsutil.dll file did not load or did not have the proper components in it. I would get it twice in a row on each install attempt. I was initially able to install the new version, now it won't install at all. After doing an uninstall I also did a registry clean using one of the major reg cleaners. I found tons of the vsutil.dll files and deletem them all, just as the clean install directions asked.

I have AdAware, Spywareblaster, and Spybot on the computer also.

It appears to me that the install file installs a version of vsutil.dll (Nov 4 or 14, 2007, I think) then says it won't load. I delete it, then it happens again, each time in a different temp folder.

I've spent several hours on this already with no success. I can't install the update at all.

David B.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum!
    Have you followed the following instructions for installing Zone Alarm Security 7.0.462.000I'm quoting from SlyFox's thread http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...hread.id=73859
    &quot;PLEASE try the following and PLEASE keep me posted on your results, THANKS.

1.) PLEASE go to the following threads and download your version of Zone Alarm that you want to installed on your computer. PLEASE download it on your DESKTOP, BUT DO NOT INSTALL IT, until you completely followed the instructions BELOW.
    ZoneAlarm (FREE)http://www.zonelabs.com/zadownloadZoneAlarm with Antivirushttp://www.zonelabs.com/zaavdownloadZoneAlarm Prohttp://www.zonelabs.com/zapdownloadZoneAlarm Security Suitehttp://www.zonelabs.com/zasuitedownload2.) Once you have downloaded your version of Zone Alarm to your Desktop.3,) DISCONNECT FROM THE INTERNET. If you use Cable or DSL Modem, PLEASE DISCONNECT IT. ALSO, ANY OTHER PROGRAMS, THIS INCLUDES THE WINDOWS FIREWALL, EXCEPT YOUR BASIC PROGRAMS TO RUN WINDOWS. To find out what APPLICATIONS ARE RUNNING, PLEASE GO TO YOUR TASK MANAGER. Control + Alt+ Delete. It should bring you to your Task Mgr. Look for Applications, make sure there are NO APPLICATIONS RUNNING. If they are, use the END TASK BUTTON.Courtesy : Guus abc from Nucia Dutch Antispyware Forum, the Gurus here, and Tech Support, and others.To remove ZoneAlarm completely from your computer in case normal uninstall can t be run or doesn t run properly, do the following:* Right click the ZoneAlarm systray icon and click Restore ZoneAlarm Control Center.Go to Overview &gt; Preferences and uncheck Load ZoneAlarm at startup.Close Control Center, right click the icon again and then click Shutdown ZoneAlarm.Note: If you're unable to carry out this step because the icon is missing, you can skip it and proceed with the next steps, but in this case do them all in safe mode!* REBOOT
    (End Quote from SlyFox thread)

Please follow the above instructions and post back your results. Thanks
    Regards,Findley

Thread Information