Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scan Times in ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.462.000

neils Guest

Default Scan Times in ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.462.000

I upgraded several days ago from 7.0.4x to 7.0.462. Scan times have substantionally increased. It used to take about 45 minutes to scan (both Antivirus and Spyware) all of my drives. Now it takes 1 hour 45 minutes. Scans are still set for fast.

What gives?

Thanks..

Neil

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Scan Times in ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.462.000

Contact Technical Support (free by email). They will help you out.

Technical Support

Cheers, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

forum_moderator Guest

No need to contact support.Look for the priority scanning feature in 462. Its set to MEDIUM by default. So you will need to set it to HIGH to improve speed. But your system performance can suffer with a high priority to AV scanning set.Forum Moderator

neils Guest

Scan is already set to high just as before the upgrade.

Thanks..

Neil

forum_moderator Guest

Then check to see if you have the default setting to skip files 8MB or larger. You may need to decrease this number to speed up scanning on your particular system.You can also turn off the extended Db to speed up the scanning.During our very long beta process for this version we had no complaints like this at all. In fact everything about AV speed was positive. When a new beta starts please participate in it and give proper feed back to the proper channels so we have the chance to possible fix the issue.Forum Moderator

neils Guest

Again, this was an upgrade. All settings appear to be the same as they were prior to the upgrade. What is extended DB and why should I turn it off?

As for beta testing new releases, no thanks. I pay for this software to keep my PC and its contents safe. I'll leave that task to the more adventurous.

Fact is, this release is either scanning slower or scanning more. I am not sure which or what to do other than go back to the previous release.

Trend Micros has a very unique and cool feature - Shut down PC after scan is complete. I used to let my PC run all of time without ever turning it off. Recent electric rates have caused to shut down the PC when not in use. I wish ZA would adopt this feature. I am sure many others would use it. I know the corporate world would.

Thanks..

Neil

rowantree Guest

Hear, hear.

Got the same problem, upgrade, same settings as before, scanning is very slow now...

So what went wrong?

Cheers,
    David

forum_moderator Guest

Hello,Nothing went wrong. All went right!If you upgrade from 5.x or 6.x it not the same AV engine anymore so all comparisons go out the door.You can only compare 7.0.x with 7.0.x versions as far as AV.Forum Moderator

neils Guest

I went from 7.0 to 7.0.462.0. I am not trying to be rude but there is obviously a problem that your testing didn't uncover. I am looking for realistic solutions or at the very least, troubleshooting methodology so that I can continue to use the most effective tool(s)to protect my PC. I'd like to believe the upgrade performs something better.

I am tired of new antivirus/spyware software that hogs system resources that forces you to upgrade your hardware. This upgrade doubled the scan time.

Thanks..

Neil

rowantree Guest

I'll echo that. We're talking a 7.0.377 to 7.0.462 upgrade for me and the scan time has dived, almost half as slow as before.
    (Don't start me on 6.5 - bliss...)
    Cheers,David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information