Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Product update service expires changed on upgrade to 62

rowantree Guest

Default Product update service expires changed on upgrade to 62

Hi,
    I did have 110 days left on 37 and upgraded to 62 and now I've got 364 days left!
    What's happened?
    Thanks,David

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Product update service expires changed on upgrade to 62

Hi,Welcome to the Forum!Here is How to get ZA to Install yourLicense Key..Do it this way, should be simpler (copy and paste to be sure you are doing correctly):1. Click Start > Click Run and type cmd

2. cd c:\program files\zone labs\zonealarm

3. type zauninst.exe /rmlicense

4. Click OK

5. Reboot the PC. When the system restarts, ZA should come up in Trial Mode. Enter your licensekey at the startup screen

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

rowantree Guest

Hi SlyFox.
    My licence number is still there correctly, it's just the days to expiry that's changed from 110 to 364.
    Is your suggestion still OK to do?
    Do I have to wind up typing in the long number and do I lose all my settings?
    (During the upgrade it announced my licence had expired and do I want to renew so I said 'no' because my licence *hadn't* expired so it was a stupid message... Why can't they make this simple? Every upgrade is a complete palaver.)
    I've only upgraded my laptop so far and I want to get everything OK before moving onto and upgrading my main PC.
    Many thanks,David.

This is an issue you need to bring up with Customer Support. Here's a link to contact Customer Support about emails regarding your subscriptionhttp://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...st_service.jspPlease post back your results and help other users, THANKS.SlyFox

rowantree Guest

Sent to Customer Support. I'll let you know...

Thanks,
    David

rowantree Guest

Hi,

Customer Support cheerfully informed me the licence had expired but it absolutely hasn't as the licence number is off a box I bought off Amazon and renewed with the new number Spring time ish. So, they're not looking totally organised here.

I've asked them again how I reset to the correct days to expiry (though I'll happily take a free year as long as it doesn't time out on me!).

I'll let you know if any proper words of wisdom are forthcoming.

Meantime, I updated this PC and this time round it did retain the correct days to expiry (also a box bought from Amazon in Spring) and all OK so far (famous last words...!)

Cheers,
    David

rowantree Guest

Customer Support still insisting a licence that's 1 year old (about 3.5 months left to go) has expired.

Have asked them to try again. They're in danger of losing a customer here.

Also, 62 seems rather slower to AV scan than before - is this normal?

Cheers,
    David

Hi,Why don't you try the solution I posted earlier as it may correct the problem or it may not, but at least you can try?http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=73870Also, after trying to find some type of anwers on the anti-virus scans so slow, Tech Support knows about it and are investigating it, so hopefully there will be some news soon, as they don't work on weekends.PLEASE keep me posted if you decide to complete that solution, THANKS.SlyFox

rowantree Guest

Hi SlyFox,

I may give it a go. You don't think it'll toast my licence though to 0 days?!

I've now updated 3 PCs to the new version (three separate licences, all with plenty of time to run).

The updated has screwed up the expiry date on two of them - on my laptop from 110 days to 364 days, as we've been discussing, and this morning it screwed up my mum's PC from 123 days (which was correct) down to 57 days.

If you kind souls that help out on here have any influence with Checkpoint please tell them (as we say in Scotland) to get their arse in gear.

Every time they make a release this software has problems, it's like they don't bother to test it (and don't care).

I'll raise another call with "Customer Support" about my mum's now but since I'm getting no help on mine I don't hold out much help for her. Truly, maybe time to ditch this and try something else. Very frustrating.

Cheers,
    David

Hi,Well, your quote was, "Customer Support still insisting a licence that's 1 year old (about 3.5 months left to go) has expired". That is why I responded to your post. So, it is up to you if you decide to try that solution or not, as I took it that your license was expired, perhaps completing the solution may or may not correct the problem. If you rather wait and see what Tech Support or Customer Service says about the issue, that's your decision.For one thing, I am SORRY to tell you, THEY DO CARE and their is NO SOFTWARE anywhere you will find is 100 per cent right. If you do, PLEASE tell me, so I can try it out. Perhaps the next time they have a BETA, YOU would be interested into getting involved with it to test it out, prior to the Full Version release.I am a BETA TESTER with the ForceField and have been since day one. Anything that comes up wrong I report it back to the BETA TEAM for investigation and since I have, all the problems I had, has been corrected. SlyFox

Message Edited by SlyFox on 12-02-2007 02:35 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information