Thread: ZLClient.exe error Cant initialize properly 0xc0000142

fastballspecial Guest

Default ZLClient.exe error Cant initialize properly 0xc0000142

Would appreciate any help with this error. Just upgrade my ZA Security Suite for the first time last night since ZA asked me too. I cant get ZA up and running now and get the above error. I have an original CD I purchased earier this year. This is the first problem I have had with ZA in 3 years of use. Do I have to entirely uninstall and then re-install with the CD? If so will I have to then update my version? I am guessing I am running version 6.0 because I bought a new version in August of 2007.ThanxRobert

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:6.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: ZLClient.exe error Cant initialize properly 0xc0000142

<blockquote><hr>fastballspecial wrote:
    Would appreciate any help with this error. Just upgrade my ZA Security Suite for the first time last night since ZA asked me too. I cant get ZA up and running now and get the above error. I have an original CD I purchased earier this year. This is the first problem I have had with ZA in 3 years of use. Do I have to entirely uninstall and then re-install with the CD? If so will I have to then update my version? I am guessing I am running version 6.0 because I bought a new version in August of 2007.ThanxRobert

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>Please report this to technical support at this link:http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...ch_support.jsp
    Please post back what technical support tells you and help other users. Thanks
    Regards,Findley

prberg Guest

Default Re: ZLClient.exe error Cant initialize properly 0xc0000142

I am getting the same error! very annoying. I tried to re-install numerous times. I also did a full un-install of my previous version (using the great instructions provided by members of this forum) but I am still getting the error. I submitted my info through that tech support link.. I hope they can help.

-Peter

Thread Information