I've upgraded to Vista,the process of which was surprisingly painless. And then I made the mistake of trying to use Zonealarm for my internet security.
I used the latest exe for Vista from the Zonealarm site. The result mess after I launched the exe locked up my computer and reduced Windows to a slow and barely usable husk. The windows became unreponsive and it took 2 minutes, 5 seconds ( I timed it on the third attempt) for my email address to appear in the window after I had typed it in. After enduring this, it would start to install, then crash and inform me that VSINIT.dll was unverifired or validated or something. Then I would have to reboot my computer in order to return it to a usable state.
I was wondering if anyone here has had this problem or would be able to shed some light on this issue.
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite