Thread: OSFirewall -- how do you change setting if you incorrectly used "remember setting"?

lalittle Guest

Default OSFirewall -- how do you change setting if you incorrectly used "remember setting"?

If
    you get a warning pop-up from the OSFirewall (i.e. a "Suspicious Activity" pop-up) and you
    check the "Remember this setting" box when you allow or deny it, what happens if you later find out that you made the wrong decision and want to change it?
    i.e. if
    you tell ZASS to "Remember" a "Deny" action and later discover that you should have used the "Allow" choice, how do you change it?
    I can see the options under the "Program" settings, but I'm not clear if or how these related to the "Suspicious Activity" pop-ups.
    Thanks,
    Larry

watcher Guest

Default Re: OSFirewall -- how do you change setting if you incorrectly used "remember setting"?

Dear lalittle:

The OS Firewall settings are found in the Program Control panel, Main tab, and click the Custom button for the Program Control section. In the Custom Program Control Settings dialog box that displays, click the OSFirewall tab. Under the State column, click in any of these entries to change options(4). By default, they are all set to Use Program Setting.

Program permissions are set by clicking the Program Control panel, Programs tab, and scrolling down the programs' list to find the program you want to edit. You can edit the permissions directly or right click the entry, click Remove, and the next time you use the program, the SmartDefense Advisor will set the permissions automatically, assuming it is configured to do so and has permissions in its database for this program. If it does not have permissions, it will display a pop-up alert prompting you to either Allow or Deny and whether to remember the setting.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

Thread Information