Thread: Install dies at 63% - AND - Run install from an administrators account - AND - updtrsdk.dll

buzzabcd Guest

Default Install dies at 63% - AND - Run install from an administrators account - AND - updtrsdk.dll

Windows XP Professional
    Anonymizer

Hello,

My subscription to ZoneAlarm Internet Security just expired and I've been trying all day to simply extend my subscription. My previous installation of ZoneAlarm Internet Security kept showing a message that said something like, "Severe Problem, Please Reboot". So, after purchasing a 2 year license, I thought I would simply download and install the latest version of ZoneAlarm Internet Security and use my new key that I had just purchased. I uninstalled the existing version of ZoneAlarm and downloaded 7.0.462 and tried to install. I got the message that many others have received,
    "
    You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please run this installation from an administrators account.
    "
    This occurred when the Installing Window said:

Copying file:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\updtrsdk.dll
    63%

I followed all of the instructions in the forum post:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=103

to uninstall and re-install at least 8 complete times, (running as administrator in safe mode, rebooting, modifying the registry).

I tried installing older versions of ZoneAlarm Internet Security.

I tried adding the Administrator to various sections of the registry under permissions.

After looking around on the system for anything that would give additional information I noticed the following in the C:\WINDOWS\setupapi.log file:
    "
    [2007/12/27 20:05:59 408.1]
    #-198 Command line processed: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 .\klif.inf
    #-011 Installing section [DefaultInstall] from ".\klif.inf".
    #E360 An unsigned or incorrectly signed file "c:\windows\system32\zonelabs\avsys\instdr~1\ x32\klif.inf" for driver "ActivityMonitor" will be installed (Policy=Ignore). Error 1151: The specified program is not a Windows or MS-DOS program.
    #-024 Copying file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\avsys\INSTDR~1\ x32\klif.sys" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys&quot ;.
    #E360 An unsigned or incorrectly signed file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\avsys\INSTDR~1\ x32\klif.sys" for driver "ActivityMonitor" will be installed (Policy=Ignore). Error 1151: The specified program is not a Windows or MS-DOS program.
    "

This seems to be indicating a problem with the ZoneAlarm download and how it interacts with klif.inf and klif.sys???

This problem (getting the message that the install must be run from an admin account) seems to be happening to a lot of people. This would indicate that this is a ZoneAlarm Engineering bug rather than a user problem. Isn't there something ZoneAlarm Engineering can do to fix this in the source code or the install scripts (checking the registry, etc.) ??? Also, why don't any errors show up in the Windows Event log?

Any ideas on what I can do to get ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite installed?

Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Install dies at 63% - AND - Run install from an administrators account - AND - updtrsdk.dll

Hi

This is a USER support forum, ZA does not monitor this board we are all users.

If you want to contact ZA directly you need to write to:

www.zonelabs.com/tsform for technical support.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. Default Re: Install dies at 63% - AND - Run install from an administrators account - AND - updtrsdk.dll

Good reminder. Thank you.

Thread Information