Thread: Problems updating Zone Alarm

chrislhanssen Guest

Default Problems updating Zone Alarm

I go to my Zone Alarm Control Panel and go to preferences and click "Check For Updates."
    I am getting a DNS ERROR message and can't connect to the server to update my Zone Alarm.
    I am getting this message:
    <div align="left">Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
    <div class="divider">
    Most likely causes:<ul>[*]You are not connected to the Internet.[*]The website is encountering problems.[*]There might be a typing error in the address.[/list]
    What you can try:
    [img]res://ieframe.dll/bullet.png[/img] Diagnose Connection Problems
    [img]res://ieframe.dll/down.png[/img]<a target="_blank">More information</a><div class="infoBlock">

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:<ul>[*]Internet connectivity has been lost.[*]The website is temporarily unavailable.[*]The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.[*]The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.[*]If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.[/list]

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
    To view subscribed feeds
    1. Click the Favorites Center button [img]res://ieframe.dll/favcenter.png[/img], click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)
    1. Click Tools [img]res://ieframe.dll/tools.png[/img], and then click Work Offline.
    2. Click the Favorites Center button [img]res://ieframe.dll/favcenter.png[/img], click History, and then click the page you want to view.

I am using Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 2.
    What is going on and how do I update my Zone Alarm?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Problems updating Zone Alarm

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>ChrisLHanssen wrote:
    I go to my Zone Alarm Control Panel and go to preferences and click "Check For Updates." I am getting a DNS ERROR message and can't connect to the server to update my Zone Alarm. I am getting this message:<DIV align=left>Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage <DIV class=divider> Most likely causes: <UL><LI>You are not connected to the Internet.</LI><LI>The website is encountering problems.</LI><LI>There might be a typing error in the address.</LI>[/list]I am using Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 2. What is going on and how do I update my Zone Alarm?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I get the same EI error.., If you are using ZAFree 7.0.462.000 that is the Most current version..You have not indicated what version of ZAFree you are using??Please Right Click on the ZA Tray icon on the Lower Right and Click the "About Option this will pop up a windows with all the Info about your Version Of ZAFree including the complete Version Number.. Click the "Copy to Clipboard" and Paste that information Here in the Forum by pressing the "CTRL-V" key..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.462.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.462.000
    Driver version:7.0.462.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.82
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:933064169
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.187.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200712.3085
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 12-29-2007 09:45 PM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

chrislhanssen Guest

I have version 7.0.408.000

naivemelody Guest

Other thoughts - if you have ZA Free 408 and want to update to 462; there may not be a 'vital' need for you to upgrade if 408 works fairly well for you. The basic firewall is pretty much the same, and if your system is functioning fairly well - within your range of acceptable behavior, then there is really no need to upgrade unless you 'really want to try out the new SpyBlocker/ Ask.com Toolbar.'

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 01-01-2008 12:34 AM

chrislhanssen Guest

Well thanks for the help.
    Is this the latest version of Zone Alarm 7.0.462.000?

Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free) 7.0.462.000 is that current newest English release
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information