Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unable to install ZASS under Windows Vista 32-bit (TrueVector related)

Default Re: Unable to install ZASS under Windows Vista 32-bit (TrueVector related)

Hi!also use the search function in the forum you will find similar issues been resolved by other VISTA users (just search 'validation VISTA').Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

yklee Guest

Default Re: Unable to install ZASS under Windows Vista 32-bit (TrueVector related)

Hi,
    yeah it didn't occur to me to do a search but I went through like 10 pages of threads to see if there's any related threads though...so, consider me dumb on that part :P
    Well, last night, I updated the root certificates, booted into safe mode and tried to remove whatever remnants there could be and try to reinstall under a new user, and the same happens. I'm really at a loss now.
    If after reinstallation, there is a way to re-validate the files and let truevector run properly, it may be a workaround...but probably quite hard to say.
    Are
    there any other advices you can give me? The problem with this repeated installations and uninstallations is that, the system will kinda stall while it is uninstalling and it's a pain to go through the process again and again while unable to operate on the computer, and I could be forced to do
    a hard reset of the system if the operating system doesn't respond. It could take very long for it to resume and there's no telling how long. It was stuck at 61% for a very long time while I'm monitoring and playing a game on my console.

Hi!
    no other suggestion from my side... sorry.

An install in SAFE MODE is usually the last chance for users having problems in XP.
    However, I am not sure it is possible with VISTA OS.

Cheers,
    Fax

Hi!

please also see this users with similar problems.

Following the links provided resolved the issue.
    http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...ssage.id=75043

Cheers,
    Fax

kldiver Guest

I have tried to install ZASS ver. 7.1 5 or 6 times on my Vista PC. I get the Validation Error every time, despite searching this forum and following all uninstall/removal instrux to the letter. I also tried doing a system restore to the earliest possible date. Nothing has worked. I think three days worth of attempts is enough. I did not anticipate becoming a beta tester at the time I bought the software. Check Point needs to come up with some sort of solution, IMHO. $2.95 a minute for live tech support is not a viable option for me.

Did you also tried what suggested here:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=75020This user solved its problems...The ZA forum is not monitored by ZA staff. We are all users here.If you have a valide license key (or in trial) you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at:www.zonealarm.com/tsform You can get this link by using the Instant Support feature at the ZA website.Cheers,Fax

yklee Guest

Yeap Fax, I tried renewing the root certificates, still came out the same. I might try again some time later, but as of now, a search in my system yielded 0 results of VSUTIL.DLL.
    Sigh, I wonder why is it with different versions of Windows Vista that there are differences, I'm on Ultimate but still /sigh
    Thanks Fax for your repeated help the past few days...I will use this thread as a reference sometime soon if I decide to try again. KDiver also mentioned some traits of my system as observed that I did not mention.

You're welcome!Cheers,Fax

kldiver Guest

<blockquote><hr>fax wrote:
    Did you also tried what suggested here:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=75020

This user solved its problems...

The ZA forum is not monitored by ZA staff. We are all users here.

If you have a valide license key (or in trial) you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at:
    www.zonealarm.com/tsform

You can get this link by using the Instant Support feature at the ZA website.

Cheers,
    Fax
    <hr></blockquote>

Yes, I tried the above, still the same result. I understand that this forum is not monitored by ZA staff....maybe it should be. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but this is getting beyond the point of ridiculous.

I do have a valid license key as I paid for the software, but I doubt I'd get any futher with ZA web-based tech support than I would here. Thanks for the advice, though.

In my opinion this release was not adequately tested for VISTA.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>KLDiver wrote:

I do have a valid license key as I paid for the software, but I doubt I'd get any futher with ZA web-based tech support than I would here. Thanks for the advice, though.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!you should neverthless contact ZA official support and explain in detail the issue and all remedies you have already tried.If ZA is not informed of the problem, it is unlikely that it will be fixed in the near future.For what it counts I have been running ZASS for VISTA since its release and never had this problems.I am now running the BETA version (www.zonealarm.com/beta) that works really well.Cheers,Fax

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information