Thread: New Computer

bets Guest

Default New Computer

I'm in the process of switching to a new computer (will keep two running for the time being), but need to renew my Antivirus 7.0 now (expires in a couple of days). There is no option to renew for two computers, and I don't really need three licenses. The new computer does not have ZA Antivirus installed at all. Whether I renew for one or for three licenses, I still need to install the software on the new computer, and have the renewed license in place. How is this best accomplished? -- Thanks.
    (I have XP Pro on both systems.)

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

Default Re: New Computer

Hi!I would simply compare the costs of renewing one license and the buying of a new license with the cost of renewing for three PCs.Then just go for the cheapest solution.... IMOOnce you have your licenses.... then simply download the installer from the ZA web site and input the license when requested (for the new PC)You find the installer ofZA Antivirus here:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlFor the old PC with ZA already installed just replace the license with the new one.Please note that if the new license number is the same as the oldthe timing will be updated in the ZA server and your ZA willget the new expiring date as soon as it connect to the ZA server forupdates checking.Hope this helps.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

bets Guest

Thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping to manage w/one license, but I'll be online w/both computers at least for a while, so I went with 3. Got both updated fine (the original one does still show the old key, but the expiration date was updated), and the first scan on the new system is currently running. Thanks again for the help.

You're welcome!!Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information