Thread: Installaion Problem: Is Anyone successfully running ZoneAlarm Pro with Gdata Antivirus 2008 ??

xando Guest

Default Installaion Problem: Is Anyone successfully running ZoneAlarm Pro with Gdata Antivirus 2008 ??

Hi all,
    I'am still looking for someone who is running ZoneAlarm Pro with Gdata Antivirus 2008 successfully. I was running
    ZA Pro 7.0.337.000
    (thats the latest german version) + Gdata Antivirus 2007 with no problem
    at all.
    after i updated
    Gdata to the 2008 version my pc always reboots on startup. As i turn'd ZA Pro
    off Gdata worked fine, but thats no option for me!Before i start to unistall and reinstalling all the stuff
    without successes, i
    really like to see if there is someone who made it work.
    Maybe someone has Gdata Antivirus 2008 running with a different or more current english
    version of ZA Pro, than please tell me.

Gdata
    Antivirus and ZA Pro are really famous software. There must be someone who also has both programms like me !?
    Please post me ur experiences, everything helps
    ! Also let me know if u try'd a lot and dosn't made it work !
    My System is: Windows Xp Prof. SP2 fully patch'd
    i thank u in advance
    Xando

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Installaion Problem: Is Anyone successfully running ZoneAlarm Pro with Gdata Antivirus 2008 ??

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Xando wrote:
    Hi all,I'am still looking for someone who is running ZoneAlarm Pro with Gdata Antivirus 2008 successfully. I was running ZA Pro 7.0.337.000(thats the latest german version) + Gdata Antivirus 2007 with no problemat all.after i updatedGdata to the 2008 version my pc always reboots on startup. As i turn'd ZA Prooff Gdata worked fine, but thats no option for me!Before i start to unistall and reinstalling all the stuffwithout successes, ireally like to see if there is someone who made it work.Maybe someone has Gdata Antivirus 2008 running with a different or more current englishversion of ZA Pro, than please tell me.GdataAntivirus and ZA Pro are really famous software. There must be someone who also has both programms like me !?Please post me ur experiences, everything helps! Also let me know if u try'd a lot and dosn't made it work !My System is: Windows Xp Prof. SP2 fully patch'di thank u in advanceXando

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome to the Zone Alarm Users Forum..It looks like one or more of the New Improvements to GData 2008, that was not in GDatat 2007 is Conflicting with ZAPro..Try turing off the "Registry /Host" Guard in GData and see if it runs better with ZAPro..<P align=left>High tech GDATA fully automatically<P align=left> E-mail virus blocker for Outlook, Outlook Express,<P align=left>Mozilla, Eudora, and more<P align=left> Virus blocker for instant messaging<P align=left>(MSN, Yahoo, AOL, etc.)<P align=left> Automatically scans HTTP tra c<P align=left> System protection monitors Registry and Hosts file

Fully automatic virus scans and updates
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

xando Guest

Default Re: Installaion Problem: Is Anyone successfully running ZoneAlarm Pro with Gdata Antivirus 2008 ??

Hi GeorgeV
    right after i installed Gdata Antivirus 2008 and the problems started i disabled &quot;Registry /Host&quot; Guard in GData but that dosn't helped. Maybe someone has successfully found a way to run both programms ?Maybe i really have to uninstall and reinstall both programms but if someone try'd that and it dosn't work at all let me know, please!

Hi!probably the best is to contact GDATA, do they have a forum?Cheers,Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

xando Guest

hi fax,
    no Gdata has no forum site i talked to them via E-Mail and they told me that they send my problrms to there tech team. but thats more than a month ago and nothing happend.

Ah.. OK.Sorry to hear that is not easy to contact GDATA.Fax

xando Guest

yeah it kinda is !
    well i would have try'd to get both software work but ZA Germany
    told me since dezember that there will be a new german version of 7.0.462.000 soon and i was hope full that it could fix my problem but so far nothing. So i talked to ZA US and they told me
    two days ago:

&quot;Thank you for your response. The version for that language should be
    released in the next days or so. I apologize for the inconvenience.&quot;

Now i dunno if that is really happening soon or
    if it's just another word for &quot;when its done&quot; ?!

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Xando wrote:
    there will be a new german version of 7.0.462.000 soon and i was hope full that it could fix my problem but so far nothing. So i talked to ZA US and they told metwo days
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!if you don't want to wait you can simply install the English(7.0.462.000) version to see if it makes any difference....It should work fine even if installed on a German or localised version of XP.Cheers,Fax

Thread Information