Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: meaning of tray icon

sluga Guest

Default meaning of tray icon

Have the new 7.0462 loaded and running. What is the Tray Icon saying when there is a black aurora around the icon. Can not find information about it in the user manual.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:5.x
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: meaning of tray icon

Check if ZA is actually working and everything is working as it should. Could be saying something is notworking.

sluga Guest

??? I nm confused... the Z icon is normal most of the time. There are a few times that a black aurora is around the the Z. When transferring information the green and red bars light up in the tray. I have notice that in Windows Task Manager there are times that Zone Alarm is "not responding" the black aurora is not there. Is this what you mean to check to see if Zone Alarm is running or is there something else I should be using to check Zone alarm.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1200086307--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.462.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.462.000
    Driver version:7.0.462.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.82
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:942367897
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.187.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200801.3135
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

sluga Guest

Sorry George. I have printed out the manual and have been reading it for two months and there is nothing in the manual about a black aurora around the tray Z Icon. So! what is the answer.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Sluga wrote:
    Sorry George. I have printed out the manual and have been reading it for two months and there is nothing in the manual about a black aurora around the tray Z Icon. So! what is the answer.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...2/th_1what.gif Hmmm It could mean it's time for your annual Eye Exam? Sorry, I don't know what your calling "a black aurora around the tray Z Icon." ??I've never seen that in any of the Zone Alarm, Free, Pro or Security Suite for XP or Vista.. ?The following snippet from Zone Alarm Security Suite is the Only Try Icons I have seenhttp://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1200087715
    Please Right Click on the ZA Tray icon on the Lower Right and Click the "About Option this will pop up a windows with all the Info about your Version Of ZA including the complete Version Number.. Click the "Copy to Clipboard" and Paste that information Here in the Forum by pressing the "CTRL-V" key..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.462.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.462.000
    Driver version:7.0.462.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.82
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:942367897
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.187.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200801.3135
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Hi!can you actually post a screenshot of the this black aura???Difficult to help with it... it may be simply an issue with your graphic card or resolution.Cheers,Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

watcher Guest

To All:

In addition to those 6 in the screenshot, there are the 2 lock icons when the Internet Lock or Stop icon/command is engaged. There is also an undocumented icon that displays when the TrueVector Internet Monitor service is not running. It was reported as a red square with a yellow X. kcolop stated that vsmon.exe was not running but the GUI, zlclient.exe was. The Control Center had the red message, System Error: Please Reboot.

This might be another undocumented Notification Area icon. It would be nice to have a screenshot of this to make that determination. Sluga, can you do that for us?

WATCHER

sluga Guest

how do a copy the icon here. I have try word, paint and an hex editor with no luck

watcher Guest

Dear Sluga:

You can't do it directly. You have to create the screenshot, preferably as a .jpg file, then go to a free hosting service like here: http://photobucket.com/. You have to provide a username and password before you are able to post it on that site. Once you post it there, then copy the link to the post here. Another method is to use HTML in your post here and insert a tag which links to photobucket.com.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information