Wish I hadn't tried to update my ZA firewall today. I went through the same motions I've done for the past 3-4 years of using ZA, but during the install ... it froze at 15%. So after about 30 mins... I manually closed it.
Figured I'd try it again... this time I downloaded the installer and then downloaded ZA directly to my desktop and tried installing from there.
But now I have an error: "Setup is unable to shut down the TrueVector service. Install cannot continue without shutting down the TrueVector Service. Please use the service manager to shut down the TrueVector service and then restart the installer program."
A few problems...
I don't have ZA anywhere in my Programs lists. Apparently during that 15% install, it first uninstalled the previous version. This also means I don't have ZA in my system tray. I mention this because I saw a similar thread but ALL of the support/replies revolved around accessing ZA from the system tray or programs menu. In my case, it's not here.
I tried to uninstall using Windows' Control Panel Add/Remove list... it's not there either.
What are my options? Please and thank you.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Software Version:
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)