Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can 3-user license key be used to renew 1-user ZAISS subscription?

problemsolved Guest

Default Can 3-user license key be used to renew 1-user ZAISS subscription?

My subscription will be expiring very soon.
    I'm currently using the 1-user version of ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 6.5.
    I want to
    purchase the 3-user version, as I've recently acquired an additional computer that I want to protect.
    I'll probably purchase the 3-user version at a local store (hopefully, on sale).
    Can I purchase the 3-user version of ZAISS and use that license key to renew the subscription for the 1-user version currently installed on my computer?
    If so, is it as easy as just entering the new license key on the Overview/Product Info page and clicking on "Change Lic."?
    Can I then download and install the trial version of ZAISS 7.0 onto the new Vista computer and use the retail-purchased 3-user license key to extend that subscription?
    (I would just install the out-of-the-box 3-user version onto the Vista computer, but it's my understanding that the packaged version doesn't work with Vista.)
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:6.5
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Can 3-user license key be used to renew 1-user ZAISS subscription?

I am unsure if this can be done. But ask Customer Support here and see what they have to say.
    Cheers, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

naivemelody Guest

Sure the 3pc license key can be used to renew - basically when you buy the 3pc key you will start a whole new subscription, which will incidently renew/extend your current 6.5 version- but...you must un-install as Guru Oldsod has descibed.
    Once you enter the key, the countdown/ expiration date starts for the key - whether you use the second license on a new Vista now or later. Oh, no need to use the CD-Rom from the retail box, the license key is the critical item;
    uninstall 6.5, download 7.0462 and enter the key. A 3 pc key is good for any mix of XP or Vista pc/laptops.<hr>For the new Vista - it would be best to download the Vista version - either a final release 7.1.078 or { you can use the beta 7.1.247 now without using the license key - betas are free to use without a key- but once another Vista
    final release is published - you will have to use the key - your choice} see/click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73617<hr>See/ click here for more tips &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645
    for XP
    <hr>NaiveMelody NYC 1-19-08 - Dreams - Fleetwood Mac

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 01-20-2008 12:29 AM

problemsolved Guest

Default NaiveMelody - A followup question re: 3-user license key and downloads

Thanks to you both for your very prompt replies.
    NaiveMelody, I would purchase
    the 3-user retail boxed version of ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite.
    I wouldn't
    use the enclosed CD, but would instead download 7.0.462.000 for the XP machine as you suggested.
    Am I looking for
    the trial version online, then entering the 3-user
    license key when the trial is about to expire?
    If so, is this where I would get the 7.0.462.000 trial
    download: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...ml#7.0.462.000?
    And does the trial version have all the features of the retail version?
    I assume that I could also use the 3-user key to renew my soon-to-expire ZAISS 6.5 license if I decided against upgrading to 7.0 at this point.
    Is that correct?
    I am a bit reluctant to upgrade because everything's working well, but I realize that there are improvements to the anti-virus in the newer version, so I'll probably upgrade.
    Since I paid for the 3-user retail boxed version, would I also be downloading a trial version of the final release 7.1.078 for the Vista machine,
    entering the 3-user license key when the trial is about to expire?
    If so, where can I find the Vista trial version 7.1.078?
    I don't see it listed on the page linked above.
    Thanks for your patience with me.
    I know I have a lot of questions.
    I really appreciate your help!!!

Message Edited by ProblemSolved on 01-19-2008 01:16 AM

The retail boxed versions and the ZA store versions are equal in all respects. Yes, that is the correct link for the ZAISS XP releases or here.

The Vista ZAISS installer can be found here.

Yes the key should work ok for the older version. If not, then contact ZA's Customer Support and they will convert the key to make it workable.

Please ask questions. It is the main reason we show up to help ZA other users on this forum. All questions are honored.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

problemsolved Guest

Thank you SO much, Oldsod!

You and the others
    on this forum are very helpful, and I appreciate all
    the time you devote to assisting everyone.
    The two links you provided (one for XP releases and the other for Vista releases) are for trial versions, correct?
    Would I
    install the trial versions (which I believe are good for 15 days) and then
    enter the 3-user license key before the trial ends to extend the subscription for a year?
    Best wishes.

Message Edited by ProblemSolved on 01-19-2008 02:08 AM

Hi!a side note, please remember that the countdown on the 3 user license key will start as soon as you install the 3 user license key on any of the machines.If you install the 3 user license key in another PC after one months of been using the key you will have 1 month less on this PC.Hope I explained myself clearly.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 01-19-2008 11:29 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

problemsolved Guest

Hi Fax,
    Yes, you explained about the 3-user license countdown very clearly.
    I understand what you're saying.
    I intend to activate the licenses on the two computers on the same day, so it should work out nicely.
    Thanks for your help!

OK.. Great!Good luck with your upgrade process...Depending on the system you are using you will probably notice a slow scanning speed. This is due to the new antivirus engine (more powerful that the previous one) but also to the more 'conservative' default settings at install of the latest version, to speedup the scanning (if needed)adjust the priority under the advanced option of the ZA antivirus/antispyware tab (scan options) to "HIGH".Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 01-19-2008 12:19 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>ProblemSolved wrote:
    Hi Fax,Yes, you explained about the 3-user license countdown very clearly. I understand what you're saying. I intend to activate the licenses on the two computers on the same day, so it should work out nicely.Thanks for your help!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is some additional Information to help keep you out of possible problem with installing the the Vista version of ZASS onto your new Vista Computer..

1.) if you purchase ZASS in the Box at a Store.. make sure it is the Zone Alarm Security Suite 2008 and not 2007 as many of the Box versions with 2007 on them Only have the ZASS XP version on the CD, even though the Box says Vista ready..

2.) most New computers with Vista installed come with a Trial version of Norton or McAfee installed, that will Conflict with Zone Alarm even if you use ADD/Remove to uninstall them first.,you must use the Additional Removal Tool provided by Symantec/Norton or McAfee on their Web Site..

The following ZA Forum Link explains the procedure better..

Good Luck..

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=162
    ---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.247.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.247.000
    Driver version:7.1.247.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:942890490
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200801.3175
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer
    Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version: 7.1.247.000 (Vista)
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Pro Beta
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200801.3175--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.462.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.462.000
    Driver version:7.0.462.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.82
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:942890490
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.187.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200801.3175
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security