Thread: Can't Reboot after 7.0.462 update

harmel Guest

Default Can't Reboot after 7.0.462 update

I have been succesfully running ZA for a few years without any problems.I tried installing the latest update (zlsSetup_70_462_000_en.exe).When I tried to reboot, my system hung.I uninstalled Zonealarm and my system restarted.I reinstalled the update 3 more times and each time had to uninstall for the same reason.I tried reistalling my older version and still have the same problem.I can not reinstall Zonealarm at all and have my computer reboot.How can I resolve this problem?Thanks
    I also run AVG, spybot, Windows defenderSystem: Windows XP

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Can't Reboot after 7.0.462 update

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Harmel wrote:
    I have been succesfully running ZA for a few years without any problems.I tried installing the latest update (zlsSetup_70_462_000_en.exe).When I tried to reboot, my system hung.I uninstalled Zonealarm and my system restarted.I reinstalled the update 3 more times and each time had to uninstall for the same reason.I tried reistalling my older version and still have the same problem.I can not reinstall Zonealarm at all and have my computer reboot.How can I resolve this problem?ThanksI also run AVG, spybot, Windows defenderSystem: Windows XP

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

Here are a few tips for Installing ZAFree 7.0.462.000

1.) the ZAFree 7.0.462.000 install program is much larger (about 40mb) than the old ZAFree 6.5.737.000 (about 18 MB) that is because all ZAFree version since 7.0 include the install modules from the ZASS Trial version, but are not activated during the install of the Free Version unless you accept the 15 day ZASS trial offer..

2.) the Fact that you have other 3rd Party Security programs Installed that worked with the Old ZAFree, may be conflicting with the New Install of ZA Free 7.0.462.000

It may be benificial to Uninstall "AVG, spybot," ans re-install them AFTER you have ZAFREE installed successfully..<HR>

3.) if you have the Old Version of ZAFree installed, Please go into Overview/Preferences and Uncheck "Load ZA Free on Startup" and Reboot computer before installing the New Version..Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<HR>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel. <HR>

---------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.462.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.462.000
    Driver version:7.0.462.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:932221401
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200712.3025
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8903

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

harmel Guest

After uninstalling Spybot, disabling AVG, downloaded ZA again and reinstalled,I was still not able to reboot.I had to uninstall ZA in SafeMode for the 6th time today.
    Any other help is greatly appreciated.Thanks

psharkey Guest

I'm also having the exact same problem, and I see from searching the forums that a lot of other people are too. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>psharkey wrote:
    I'm also having the exact same problem, and I see from searching the forums that a lot of other people are too. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=74548--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.462.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.462.000
    Driver version:7.0.462.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.82
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:943198717
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.187.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200801.3205
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security