Thread: My installation problem has been solved.

migoblu Guest

Default My installation problem has been solved.

In my posting under General (ZA IS causing system to lock up requiring a HDD wipe and reload of OS) and Installation (Upgrading to newest version), I related the problems I WAS having installing Zone Alarm Internet Security. I emailed a copy of my posting under General (ZA IS causing system to lock up requiring a HDD wipe and reload of OS) to Zone Alarm Internet Security Tech Support. They replied the same day with this suggestion:

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting ZoneAlarm Technical Support.

I understand that you are experiencing issues when installing ZoneAlarm on your
    machines. I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may be causing you.

This could be due to other software on the system. I highly recommend clearing your
    Startup prior to installing ZoneAlarm again if you wish to test this.

1. Click Start > Run > type in:
    msconfig

2. Click OK.

3. Put a bullet next to 'Selective Startup' and remove the check from 'Load Startup
    Group Items'

4. Click the Services tab.

7. Click Hide all Microsoft Services.

8. Click Disable all.

9. Click OK, Restart.

10. Reinstall ZoneAlarm.

If my answer did not resolve your issue, or you would like further assistance on this
    issue, please reply to this email. By replying and leaving the subject line intact,
    your response will come directly to me. If you have a separate issue you would like
    assistance with, please submit a new request using the website at
    http://www.zonealarm.com/tsform .

Thank you for choosing ZoneAlarm Security!

Chad
    Technical Support
    ZoneAlarm, A Division of Check Point Software

I followed these instructions and was able to install and run Zone Alarm Internet Security (Version 7.0.462.000) using my IP s key with no lock ups. I ran msconfig, enabled the Load Startup Group Items under Selective Startup , and enabled the Microsoft Services under the Services tab, and now all the programs that were locking up when I originally installed and ran Zone Alarm Internet Security are doing OK so far. The wireless NIC and wireless router are wirelessing and routing OK so far.

I would like to thank everyone that provided info and suggestions to help me solve this problem. I also hope that someone else will benefit from the reply I got from Zone Alarm Internet Security Tech Support in solving their own installation problems.

Thanks again and have a great ZoneAlarm day. John

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: My installation problem has been solved.

Thank you for your Feedback to this User Forum.. http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...2/th_1Yeah.gif
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information