Thread: "Load ZoneAlarm Security Suite at startup"...box seems to be locked.

Hybrid View

trm840 Guest

Default "Load ZoneAlarm Security Suite at startup"...box seems to be locked.

Hello Group,
    When going to click ZASS icon in tray/ click-Overview/ Preferences/ General/ the[BOX]is checked - "Load ZoneAlarm Security Suite at startup"...box seems to be locked. There is a check, when I click the box it turns gray and back to white upon button release.
    Any thoughts how to un-check the start-up box?
    I can't continue with uninstall.
    How about uninstalling from safe mode?
    Also when I shut down ZASS from the tray icon I have to reboot to turn ZASS back on. I have a hunch that the true vector is being untrue.Thanks for any help
    e-mail welcome
    dennisc at ardennet.com

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: "Load ZoneAlarm Security Suite at startup"...box seems to be locked.

From what you have described -'you have already/ properly 'unloaded' ZA - once you check that check box and that &quot;green check is gone&quot; = you've done it.' Then follow the un-install instructions that you have.<hr>http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 1-29-08 - Cathy's Clown - The Everly Brothers

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 01-29-2008 09:46 PM

trm840 Guest

Default Re: "Load ZoneAlarm Security Suite at startup"...box seems to be locked.

Thanks for the reply,
    I can't un-check the load at start-up box. It's locked?

Thanks again for the help,dennis

Start the PC in the safe mode and then uninstall the ZA. By default the ZA is off in the safe mode and the uninstall should go successfully. Then after the reboot back into the normal mode, make sure these are deleted before installing the new ZA:
    [*]WINDOWS\ Internet Logs[*]Program Files\Zone Labs[*]WINDOWS\system32\ Zonelabs

Cheers, Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 01-30-2008 02:35 AM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

trm840 Guest

Thank you Sir...I'll give that a try tomorrow.
    Dennis in Sacramento

Dennis, tell us how things went. Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information