Thread: License Key Invalid

dweakley Guest

Default License Key Invalid

New installation-Version 7.0.337.000 , XP-Pro. Will not accept License key, HELP!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: License Key Invalid

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>dweakley wrote:
    New installation-Version 7.0.337.000 , XP-Pro. Will not accept License key, HELP!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum...<P align=left>This issue is from a corrupted <B style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #0033ff">license <B style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #0033ff">key[/B] table[/b]. Here are more specific instructions on removing the issue.

- Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs
    - RIGHT-click on Uninstall ZoneAlarm, then select Properties
    - Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may
    be different on your system):

"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe"

Change it to:

"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /rmlicense /clean

( make sure you type a space before the /rmlicense and a space
    before /clean )

- Click OK to save the new command line.<HR>-Click on Start (bottom left corner)-&gt; All Programs -&gt; Zone Labs -&gt; Uninstall Zone Labs Security
    -Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.
    - say "Yes" when being prompted for the removal of all files and allow True Vector to shut down.
    - Reboot
    -After rebooting, check for the following folders, and delete them if you find them: &gt;"Internet Logs" &gt; "Zone Labs" (under your Program files folder) &gt; "Zonelabs" (under your Windows system32 folder). <HR>-Empty your Recycle bin.or run a Freetrash cleaning utility like ccleaner.exe from www.ccleaner.com <HR>-RebootComputer <HR>-Install the latest version direct from ZASS - http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html. <HR>Before attempting to install new ZA Suite, shutdown or un-install your other security software; if you can. Please post back your results. -http://www.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/P...n_install.html.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

brabonle Guest

Tried all the steps verbatim. I used the same license key after I went through all your instructions and still got the error message that the key was invalid. This happened to me with another version of Zone Alarm. If I do ever get this resolved you can bet I won't buy Zone Alarm again because I have only had trouble with license keys twice----both with Zone Alarm. It seems to be a very common problem with your software. In the meantime I want this to get installed. Is there any way a new key can be generated. That's what they had to do for me with the first copy of Zone Alarm I bought.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>brabonle wrote:
    Tried all the steps verbatim. I used the same license key after I went through all your instructions and still got the error message that the key was invalid. This happened to me with another version of Zone Alarm. If I do ever get this resolved you can bet I won't buy Zone Alarm again because I have only had trouble with license keys twice----both with Zone Alarm. It seems to be a very common problem with your software. In the meantime I want this to get installed. Is there any way a new key can be generated. That's what they had to do for me with the first copy of Zone Alarm I bought.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sorry your having so much trouble with your License..We are all Users here in this Forum.. No Zone Alarm Employes monitor this Forum..You can Contact Zone Alarm Customer Service and explain you Key problem to them and they should be able to help you with your License Key..www.zonealarm.com/csform
    GeorgeV

brabonle Guest

Thank you !!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>brabonle wrote:
    Thank you !!!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Your welcome..Please keep us posted on your progress..
    GeorgeV

Thread Information