Thread: Which version is in boxed ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2008???

problemsolved Guest

Default Which version is in boxed ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2008???

Does anyone know which version is
    on the
    CD in
    the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2008 box?
    Is it the latest XP release, which is 7.0.462.000 (released to the public on November 20, 2007)???
    Thanks very much!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:6.5
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Which version is in boxed ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2008???

Hi!nope don't know, but you should not care at all which version is... you only need the license key.You will always find the latest installer (and old ones)at the ZA web site.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

problemsolved Guest

Thanks very much
    for your reply, fax.
    I would prefer to use the CD in the box if it's the latest XP version (7.0.462.000--released November 20, 2007) because I have a dial-up accelerator that I've read could cause problems with the download (although I've never had a known problem with that before).
    I can turn the accelerator off, but then sometimes it won't download anything at all!
    Does anyone know for sure which version comes on the CD in the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2008 box?
    Thanks!

Message Edited by ProblemSolved on 02-02-2008 11:22 AM

Tried to read the CD in the drive without executing the installer and see what the installer show for the version number? Or possible for information? Never used the CD, always downloaded so I never tried this.
    Could you get a friend or family member to download the installer for you or maybe download it at work ?
    Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

problemsolved Guest

As always, thanks Oldsod.
    The installer doesn't show a version number.
    There are separate links on the install screen
    for both Vista and XP to check for updates.
    If there are no updates, then you're instructed to install from the CD.
    There is a Readme file on the CD (dated May 7, 2007), only for version 7.1, which I understand is Vista-only.
    I was hoping that someone out there has recently used the ZoneAlarm Internet Security 2008 CD to install on their XP machine, so I could find out from them what XP version is on the CD.
    I purchased the boxed ZASS about a week ago.
    I called Customer Support, but they were no help.
    The only thing they said was that the version for Vista is not on the CD.
    I'm not even sure that's correct because it looks like it's on there to me.
    But not the newest release for Vista, I'm sure, since that was just released week before last.
    If anyone knows the answer, please let me know.
    Thanks to all!

Message Edited by ProblemSolved on 02-02-2008 06:34 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>ProblemSolved wrote:
    As always, thanks Oldsod. The installer doesn't show a version number. There are separate links on the install screenfor both Vista and XP to check for updates. If there are no updates, then you're instructed to install from the CD. There is a Readme file on the CD (dated May 7, 2007), only for version 7.1, which I understand is Vista-only.I was hoping that someone out there has recently used the ZoneAlarm Internet Security 2008 CD to install on their XP machine, so I could find out from them what XP version is on the CD. I purchased the boxed ZASS about a week ago. I called Customer Support, but they were no help. The only thing they said was that the version for Vista is not on the CD. I'm not even sure that's correct because it looks like it's on there to me. But not the newest release for Vista, I'm sure, since that was just released week before last.If anyone knows the answer, please let me know. Thanks to all!

Message Edited by ProblemSolved on 02-02-2008 06:34 PM
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmmm.. I purchased the Box version of Zone Alarm Security Suite 2008 4 months ago from Fry's Electronics because it was FREE? $39.00 with a $40.00 Mail-in Rebate..and I gave that Boxed Version to a Good Friend....myFriend installed it on both XP and Vista Ultimate.. The Update Function on the CD Found ZASS 7.0.462 and downloaded it for XPBut at that time ZASS for Vista only had 7.1.078.000 available at the time..
    ---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.248.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.248.000
    Driver version:7.1.248.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:943871223
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200801.3265
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.1.248.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.248.000
    Driver version:7.1.248.000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200801.3265

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 02-02-2008 09:07 PM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

problemsolved Guest

Thanks to George and all the other Gurus.
    I explored the ZASS 2008 installation CD and found that the install files are dated 6-26-07, so that would not include the latest update for XP, which was released in November 2007.
    I'll download the latest version, 7.0.462.000, directly from ZoneLab's website.
    Hopefully, the uninstall (with /clean and /rmlicense switches) and the reinstall will go without a hitch and the new license key will &quot;take&quot;.
    Wish me luck....

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>ProblemSolved wrote:
    Thanks to George and all the other Gurus.I explored the ZASS 2008 installation CD and found that the install files are dated 6-26-07, so that would not include the latest update for XP, which was released in November 2007. I'll download the latest version, 7.0.462.000, directly from ZoneLab's website. Hopefully, the uninstall (with /clean and /rmlicense switches) and the reinstall will go without a hitch and the new license key will "take". Wish me luck....
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks for your Feedback..Here is the direct Link to the ZASS XP Download site..http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmland the ZASS 7.1.248.000 Vista Download site..http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ory_vista.html
    Good luck..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information