Thread: free zone alarm update and free system check now zone alarm won't load

optoman Guest

Default free zone alarm update and free system check now zone alarm won't load

Hi everyone,
    I recieved notification of an update for zone alarm and I was also offered a free system check which I thought I would try. Now I can't get ZA to open. The following message appears "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000142). Click OK to terminate the application". Hotmail is now performing erratically as well. I have deleted zone alarm but my system is now very slow. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

lybra Guest

Default Re: free zone alarm update and free system check now zone alarm won't load

I have the same problem. When I tried to update the new version of Zone Alarm Free on my Windows XP Pro I received the same error message code ....0142 (which according to Microsoft is (thread token error ?). I uninstalled the new version that wouldn't work and re-installed the old version that works fine. Zone Alarm Free version 7.0.337.000
    lybra

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: free zone alarm update and free system check now zone alarm won't load

<blockquote><hr>lybra wrote:
    I have the same problem. When I tried to update the new version of Zone Alarm Free on my Windows XP Pro I received the same error message code ....0142 (which according to Microsoft is (thread token error ?). I uninstalled the new version that wouldn't work and re-installed the old version that works fine. Zone Alarm Free version 7.0.337.000
    lybra
    <hr></blockquote>Welcome to the ZA User Forum..
    Here is a Forum Link to Very Good Advice by Senior contributor NaiveMelody For users with ZAFree who get the &quot;0Xc0000142 Failed to initialize
    error&quot;
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=76064
    Please post back with your progress report..
    Thank you..
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.462.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.462.000
    Driver version:7.0.462.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.82
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:944460049
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200802.3305
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Thread Information