Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The registration....is pending" ...forever?

joel_t Guest

Default The registration....is pending" ...forever?

I recently renewed and loaded the new Suite 7.0.462.000 (for 3 users) but the registration window under the product info tab stays with
    "registration...is pending" so I cannot get dat file updates
    (unable to connect to server error.) (I've no other antivirus/firewall software) The license key IS sticking. I've followed tech advice and several times uninstalled with the /rmlicense included as well as deleteing file and folder remnants and lingering registry entries that tech has listed, all to no avail. I've also made small changes
    so's to "change registration" for a retry.
    The last tech fax returned to the
    canned "/rmlicense" routine so I'm not sure they're hearing me, or...?

Any suggestions?
    Thanks,

Joel

Default Re: The registration....is pending" ...forever?

Start the PC in the Safe Mode

Left click Start and open the Run. Type in regedit and OK. In the registry. open this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm

in the right pane or panel look for these keys:

DisableChangeLicense
    DisableChangeRegistration

each one should be set with a Type of REG_WORD and with a Data of 0x00000000 (0)

If these are set as 0x00000001 (1), then click each one and use the Modify and change the 1 in the Value Data to the 0. Please make sure the Hexadecimal is selected and not the Decimal options! After changing the values click OK.

Look further down for the:

InstallFinished

with a REG_SZ Type and a Data of 1

if this is anything other than 1, change the Value Data to a 1. Using the Ok after the change.

Reboot and see if the key now can be entered.

Does't work? Repeat the procedure and delete all files found inside the WINDOWS\Internet Logs folders, clean the Recycle Bin, reboot back to the normal mode and now see if the key can be entered/registered.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 02-06-2008 03:10 AM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Hi!
    double check you don't have any other firewall or minifirewall active.
    For example, MS firewall, or firewall that may come with the drivers of the network cards (e.g. Nvidia)

Check you hosts file for any entry pointing to zonealarm. hosts file should contain only a line.
    In Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista you find the hosts file here: %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\

Than follow what suggested here:
    http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...ssage.id=26966

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

skmccast Guest

I am also having this very same issue.I have followed every step as well as a few "wash & repeats".Every step that is except:
    DisableChangeLicense
    neither of these were found.
    I use ZA on other computers
    using XP & Vista and at this time I have no issues with either just on my laptop.
    system having issues;Gateway/laptop, 1.2ghzwindows XP home, 5.1.2600 sp2
    intel 82852/55 graphhics
    any help would be appreciated

joel_t Guest

DisableChangeLicense
    Neither of these were found on my system either.

I'm running XP Pro and initially did a clean install. It doesn't ask anymore.
    I've no troubles with the key - it is sticking.
    I can't register, therefore I cannot update dat files.
    One more sore spot issue that shouldn't directly affect this is....
    Zonelab support and tech servers can't handle spam blocked email so I'm forced to correspond using faxes.
    All their other servers (especially advertising of course)
    work fine near as I know. They want me to unblock my servers SPF protocols, which as
    explained to me, not only blocks spam but helps prevent email name highjacking. SPF
    is an industry standard. As well, I emailed them a copy of whats required (which in of itself is simple) to eliminate the error. Seems an extremely hypocritical request from Zonelabs to ask me to place my computor in front of theft and a couple hundred spams a day to sort through, JUST so they don't have to do things properly.
    Anyway, this
    couldn't have anything to do
    with updates......could it?
    Thanks
    Joel

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Joel_T wrote:
    Zonelab support and tech servers can't handle spam blocked email so I'm forced to correspond using faxes. All their other servers (especially advertising of course)work fine near as I know. They want me to unblock my servers SPF protocols, which asexplained to me, not only blocks spam but helps prevent email name highjacking. SPFis an industry standard. As well, I emailed them a copy of whats required (which in of itself is simple) to eliminate the error. Seems an extremely hypocritical request from Zonelabs to ask me to place my computor in front of theft and a couple hundred spams a day to sort through, JUST so they don't have to do things properly. Anyway, thiscouldn't have anything to dowith updates......could it?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!no need of faxes just open up a free e-mail account (hotmail, gmail, yahoo), it really takes3 minutes and you will enjoy all the support from ZA.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Joel_T wrote:
    I've no troubles with the key - it is sticking. I can't register, therefore I cannot update dat files.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Please try all the steps I have suggest in my message.Check hosts file, check if you are using another firewall or minifirewall within the network control card, etc... there are many causes to "unable to connect" type of errors.
    Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 02-06-2008 08:54 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Joel_T and skmccast

Start the PC in the safe mode and open the registry and find the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm registry key. In the right panel, in an empty space at the bottom of the panel, right click and select the New and the select DWORD Value and in the "New Value *" space enter the DisableChangeLicense (copy and paste is the easiest!) and then select the Modify option (as previously posted) and enter 0 in the Value data. The 0 value is usually the default, so no changes may be needed (from 1). Repeat this procedure for the DisableChangeRegistration.

<center>http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ZAregistry.jpg</center>

Please notice my keys in question are set to 1, since I disabled the procedures, so ignore my own 1 values, Please instead to be sure to use the 0 values!

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 02-06-2008 02:56 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

skmccast Guest

thanks so much worked perfect, very much appreciated
    regards
    :8}

You are very welcome.
    Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

joel_t Guest

Still not updating. Still have registration...pending. After my
    brain settles down a bit I'll go through all suggestions again. I'm unclear about &quot;minifirewalls&quot; though-
    could you give me examples?
    Thanks
    Joel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information