Thread: Free ZoneAlarm 7.0.462.000 - installation/initialization problems

xxxyorks Guest

Default Free ZoneAlarm 7.0.462.000 - installation/initialization problems

My PC Dell DIMENSION 4500 recently crashed requiring a reformatting.I re-installed the latest version of Free ZoneAlarm firewall Ver. 7.0.462.000.
    The download and installation seemed to go fine.When I came to actually running it I get an error message "Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142)
    Click OK to terminate.
    "
    This happens everytime I startup and ZoneAlarm attempts to autostart.
    I uninstalled, restarted and tried again to no avail.
    I have AVG 7.5 free edition too, but I had this and ZoneAlarm working together fine before the crash.
    Now I have to uninstall ZoneAlarm to get AVG to update.
    Any ideas on what's wrong?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

hammernu Guest

Default Re: Free ZoneAlarm 7.0.462.000 - installation/initialization problems

You may have been lucky the first time with both AVG and ZoneAlarm active at the same time. It's a given that you should NEVER have more than one anti-spyware or anti-virus active at the same time. Sometimes you may get lucky,
    but other times ...

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>xxxyorks wrote:
    My PC Dell DIMENSION 4500 recently crashed requiring a reformatting.I re-installed the latest version of Free ZoneAlarm firewall Ver. 7.0.462.000.
    The download and installation seemed to go fine.When I came to actually running it I get an error message &quot;Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142)
    Click OK to terminate.
    &quot;
    This happens everytime I startup and ZoneAlarm attempts to autostart.
    I uninstalled, restarted and tried again to no avail.
    I have AVG 7.5 free edition too, but I had this and ZoneAlarm working together fine before the crash.
    Now I have to uninstall ZoneAlarm to get AVG to update.
    Any ideas on what's wrong?

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

<hr></blockquote>Welcome to the Zone Alarm forum..
    here is my Thoughts on the situation..
    1.) before installing ZAFree vers 7.0.xx you must turn off AVG Anti-Virus and Reboot computer so that AVG is not running or in Memory while ZAFree is being installed..2.) Once ZAFree is installed and running smoothly, then you can turn AVG back ON..
    3.) the Install problem is partly due to a Conflict with other Security Programs installed.. Because Version 7 of ZAFree Is really a Modified version of the Full ZA Security Suite with a Firewall, Anti-virus and Anti Spyware Modules that are also Installed, But not Activated unless you Click Yes to the 15 day trial of the Security Suite during the Install of ZAFree ver. 7
    Here is a Forum Link with additional very Good Advice on installing ZAFree by Senior Contributor NaiveMelody.
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=73798
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.462.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.462.000
    Driver version:7.0.462.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.82
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:944725772
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200802.3335
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Message Edited by Prof_Fate on 02-15-2008 07:56 AM

thebludger Guest

Sorry to contradict you HammerNuZoneAlrm Free (Firewall) and AVG (Antivirus) should co-exist nicely. They did for me for a long time on XP.
    :robothappy:

Thread Information